Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About The Role
As a Pre-Sales working student/intern, you will work hand-in-hand with our APJ (Asia Pacific Japan) Sales Engineer team. This team supports all ongoing Sales processes with knowledge and experience in Geodata management and processing, understands customer specific technologies involving Planet´s suite of products and helps both customer and sales team as trusted advisors.
You will be involved in many opportunities and support the work of the Sales Engineers on their request.Your contributions will directly impact Planet’s progress toward sales goals.
Impact You'll Own:
- You will be accountable for supporting ongoing sales processes together with the Sales Engineers of the team
- You will do this by working closely with sales- engineering to:
- Understand what is required by the customer to address their unmet need or problem
- Prepare geospatial data from both customer and Planet side for further use in the sales process
- Search for compelling data examples in Planet´s image archives, meeting the needs of customers and convincing them to use such in their daily work
- Conduct literature and press research for finding most suitable demonstration use-cases for Planet data
- Report about work progress and findings, making these notes available to the APJ Pre-Sales team
What You Bring:
- You must have a “Whatever it takes” and “Can do” attitude towards achieving goals
- That includes (but is not limited to):
- You are always ready to start
- You never allow anything to go down because of waiting on others
- You are eager to learn - and you constantly find ways to advance your skills and knowledge
- You have a passion for geodata in ArcGIS or QGIS
- You have unending drive to build business and change the world
- You are a team player
- Colleagues value your tenacity and integrity
- Able to work in APJ time zone and work remotely (home base)
- Experience in GIS, coordinate reference systems, digital image processing
- Understanding of distributed systems, cloud platform, API and software tools
- Fluent in English; other languages are a plus
- Must be located in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, India, or Australia
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Scripting experience in Python
- Experience in computer Vision AI/ML
Some Press About Us:
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.