Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
Based in San Francisco and / or regionally in territories, the Regional Sales Director will focus on recruiting top talent, developing and enabling the team, as well as executing the sales strategy within the assigned territory to drive revenue growth and acquire new customers. The ideal candidate is a driven, independent thinker, who can also be creative as we expand into new market segments. This person will have a strong business acumen, ability to motivate and lead the team, and an aptitude to learn new things. Most likely, you have a technical understanding of geo-spatial imagery products, or a similar technical field and know the customer segments we sell to. Above all else, enjoy our unique value proposition and join Planet on our mission to see change and change the world.
You will develop an extensive pipeline of new sales leads, provide product and sales demonstrations to prospective customers, and formulate appropriate business relationships with accounts.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Enabling the team to prospect, identify, qualify new opportunities, and develop sales pipeline.
- You will coach the team to close new business, expansions, and renewals to meet the monthly, quarterly, and yearly booking goals.
- Work with your Partner Business Manager to identify channel and reseller relationships to expand market presence, seek out new partnerships as needed.
- Work with Customer Success, Marketing, Demand Generation and Professional Services to build and foster strong relationships with customers that lead to new business growth opportunities.
- Manage and maintain a weekly forecast and communication cadence with the team
What You Bring:
- Experience managing a high performing and successful sales team
- 10+ years of related experience in Software or technical sales
- Strong enterprise and/or SaaS technical sales experience required along with a demonstrated track record of success and recognition
- Discipline and ability to forecast accurately and manage a pipeline of opportunities across the region, and properly manage time and resources
- Excellent communication skills, multiple languages is always a plus
- Driven, self-starter, able to work independently under tight deadlines in start-up environment
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills, with an aptitude to learn new things
- The ability to interact successfully across cultures
- Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Live in the Territory
- Experience with Salesforce.com, Clari, or a similar CRM System
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.