Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
We are looking for a talented Global Director or Senior Director of Sales Development to lead our fast-growing Sales Development Representative (SDR) team. As a leader, you will be responsible for leading a team of Global Leaders and their teams, continuing to build out a high performing team of leaders and individuals who master the lead qualification and management process. Your team will discover and qualify early-stage sales opportunities and be instrumental in maintaining strategic partnerships with Product, Marketing, and Sales leadership. You will also develop content relevant to potential clients, support go-to-market activities, promote targeted campaigns and cultivate in-person trade show lead acquisitions.
The right candidate will have a:
- Strong desire to exceed customer expectations
- Growth mindset and strong people development focus to; build, nurture and support a talented and rapidly evolving Sales Development organization
- Highly collaborative and inclusive leadership style, able to work together with adjacent teams, Directors and VP’s to drive the business forward together as one team
- Good understanding and ideally experience of global business, with experience working with different cultures and markets across time zones
- Track record of building global teams and delivering results
Impact You’ll Own:
- Global Sales Development organization, managing Geo Teams supporting global Sales team
- Oversee and support Geo Managers with the hiring and development of SDRs whose role consists of prospecting, pipeline building and opportunity identification
- Coach SDR managers to attract and nurture talent, to develop into sales-ready candidates for further development within the organization
- Develop and coach to a best-practices framework of account-based and persona-based prospecting with personalized pitches
- Hold each SDR managers accountable to defined performance plans for their teams
- Lead weekly management and team call reviews with SDR team, both in team and 1:1 settings
What You Bring:
- Experience managing and developing first-line managers
- 8+ years experience in a Sales Development Organization
- At least 4+ years experience in managing people
- Fast learner, able to quickly pick up and articulate the unique value of satellite imagery and imagery-derived products presents to customers across multiple verticals, use cases and applications, including energy, agriculture/farming, government, and forestry
- Understanding of full-cycle sales development
- Hunt, prospect and qualify leads
- Use prospecting tools to find new contacts and new organizations in the geographic sales territory
- Aid in the development of pipeline and territory sales growth
- Define and communicate marketing support requests to Americas regional marketing team
- Effectively pass leads to in-territory reps—and follow up on pipeline progression
- Strategically build relationships with partners and end customers
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Experience working globally across cultures
- Track record building high performing teams, implementing best practices
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of satellite imaging, earth observation, or remote sensing industry
- Extensive experience of best in class Inside Sales tools
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.