Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
We are seeking a driven, collaborative Marketing professional to join Planet as the Partner and Channel Marketing Manager. In collaboration with the Channel sales team and the entire Marketing team, you will be responsible for developing and executing the overall partner marketing strategy and plan, identifying joint partner opportunities to expand Planet’s market share with reseller and solution providers.
Planet’s broad Partner ecosystem includes resellers, solutions providers and alliance partners who leverage Planet solutions to drive business across verticals and use cases. These partners leverage Planet’s open platform to create unique solutions that showcase the value of Planet products and solutions. In this role, you will engage with key Planet solutions providers, creating value-based joint marketing efforts and collaborating with the Channel enablement and engagement teams to build out and support relevant content and communications to support our global partners
This role is a combination of product and partner marketing, and channel marketing and enablement. You must deeply understand partner ecosystems, and have experience in growing a channel and partner ecosystem. The ability to leverage “one to many” marketing strategies, and engage with field sales teams are critical to your success. You are able to grasp and articulate joint value, in a way that resonates and positions how Planet solves unique challenges and creates content that accelerates the buying processes for our partners and field sales teams
The Channel and Partner Marketing Manager will:
- Be a strategic thinker who will develop Planet’s Partner and channel marketing strategy, working closely with the Planet channel team to leverage joint business plans, content and process
- Understand the challenges and use cases that are core to Planet and the partners that can add value in these key verticals
- Build internal and external content that communicates joint value. Materials could take the form of sales presentations, white papers, briefs, blog posts, one-pagers and thought leadership articles.
- Develop and execute on a plan that leverages all appropriate marketing and communications team tactics to launch new products to showcase our partner ecosystem
- Partner with Customer Marketing and Success teams to identify and document partner references.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Based in Planet’s San Francisco office
- At least 5+ years in partner, channel and/or product and solutions marketing
- Stellar communication and storytelling skills, both written and oral
- Strong analytical skills and ability to tie discrete activities to larger strategy
- Demonstrated leadership skills, technical aptitude and business acumen
- Must have demonstrated effective collaboration in matrixed or highly cross-functional business settings.
Nice to Have
- Experience with Channel Marketing Program launches and ongoing enablement
- Experience working in an enterprise software partner ecosystem
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.