Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a passionate, self-motivated Senior FP&A Analyst to join the FP&A team. This person will own our internal finance systems and will be focused on building and optimizing the budgeting, reporting, and forecasting function. This role will support process improvements and provide forward-thinking alongside long term technical solutions. In particular, this person will be tasked with optimizing our internal systems, automating routine processes, conducting requirement gathering/analysis and scaling tools to meet future business needs. Due to the high-growth nature of our business, the duties and responsibilities of this position may evolve over time, so we are looking for someone who has the capacity and desire to grow with the position.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Create detailed financial models and enhance existing models to increase efficiency across the FP&A team
- Build, design and architect a connected planning solution in Anaplan and other visualization tools the Finance team is leveraging
- Play a key role in designing the long-term systems roadmap, including best practices for supporting a distributed model across various departments
- Manage and improve end-user reporting to support decision making across the business
- Ad hoc financial modeling and analysis
What You Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or other quantitative major
- Expert financial modeling skills with the ability to independently design model solutions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as a technical aptitude for financial systems development, support, reporting and automation
- Being able to prioritize multiple projects with high attention to detail
- Thorough understand of finance processes and generally accepted accounting principles
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Experience using Anaplan or something similar
- Excellent communication skills and ability to thrive in a high-growth environment
- A passion for business analytics, financial modeling, and strategic planning
- Positive, get-it-done attitude and agile approach to problem solving
- Experience with system design, testing, implementation, and end user support/training
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.