Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
Impact You'll Own:
We are seeking a VP of Sales to lead our efforts and our team in the European, Middle Eastern and African Regions. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, independent thinker, and can think laterally to bring our data into new market segments. You will be responsible to understand the nuances of these markets and how to most effectively bring our data into the following sectors: commercial accounts, government accounts, and partners. You will work closely with your team to identify, qualify, negotiate and close large-scale complex deals and drive sales revenue targets. You will have a technical understanding of geo-spatial imagery products, and know the customer segments in the market. Above all else, enjoy our unique value proposition by simplifying complex commercial challenges and explaining why and how our geospatial data can address them.
What You Bring:
- Customer first approach, always keeping customers in mind when driving the business forward
- A growth mindset and strong people development focus to; build, nurture and support a talented and rapidly evolving Sales organization
- Highly collaborative and inclusive leadership style, able to work together with adjacent teams, senior leaders and Execs to drive the business forward together as one team
- A strong history of exceeding revenue to targets, penetrating new markets and building thriving sales teams
- Ability to inspect, manage and influence the business, with rigour around pipeline management and forecast accuracy
- Experience selling to enterprise customers with demonstrable understanding of sales life cycles
- Strong enterprise, SaaS, and PaaS technical sales experience with tangible metrics of success
- Ability to source, sell, co-sell, and close large deals
- Business mindset, able to develop and own the strategy for the region
- Experience working with solution partners and strategic alliances
- Ability to act as a bridge between the company and its current market and future markets
- Excellent communication skills, including multiple languages
- Self-starter, able to work independently under tight deadlines in start-up environment
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills
- The ability to interact successfully across cultures
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Vertical specific expertise a strong plus (agriculture, commodities, energy, insurance, forestry, government sales)
- Product development & product positioning experience
- Sales Ops experience (CRM, collateral development, pipeline tracking, etc)
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Be part of a vibrant international company of 45+ nationalities with office locations in different countries
- Sense of belonging in a diverse and inclusive culture
- Experience a fast-paced spacetech environment
- Countless opportunities to connect within and outside of work with regular team events
- Personal development with annual L&D budget
- Join our regular hack-weeks and meetup events to exchange knowledge
- Employee Resource Groups that provide safe and empowering spaces for connection and mentorship
- Give back to the community by using one day per quarter for charitable work as part of our 1% Pledge
- Health programs and flexible working hours to support work life balance
- Be part of our growth: we offer RSUs for our employees
- Daily virtual mindful bodywork sessions to stay healthy
- We offer equipment and wellbeing support during these challenging times
- Enjoy a spacious central office located in U/S-bahn Zoologischer Garten
- Employees’ well-being is our top priority: on site massages, snacks, fruits, drinks and company lunches
- Additional contributions to Company Pension schemes
- Enjoy unique offers and discounts for companies/web shops
- Additional Company Holidays
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.