Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Sales Development Representative for our high-growth US Government Sales organization with a focus on generating new business across all product lines. If you are looking to get into US Government sales and have the ability to learn about a product quickly, this is a great opportunity to start your sales career.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Aid in the development of pipeline and territory sales growth
- Aid in the building and development of pipeline and territory sales growth within the US Government
- Research to shape strategy to penetrate key targets within the USG agencies
- Hunt, prospect and qualify new sales and marketing leads for the US Government
- Effectively pass leads to in-territory sales reps and follow up on pipeline progression
- Use prospecting solutions to find new contacts and customers in the US Government
- Define and communicate marketing support requests to regional marketing teams
- Strategically build relationships with partners and customers
What You Bring:
- Experience selling a solution to government prospects and customers
- A demonstrated ability to learn complex topics and apply them to sales strategies
- Great enthusiasm for speaking to new prospects about Planet’s value proposition
- Your desire to succeed both personally to grow your career and to help your team as well
- Excellent communication skills via email, phone or other means
- Genuine interest in satellite imaging
- Previous experience in sales or marketing
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Experience selling to the US Government
- Knowledge of and experience building out and executing a prospecting strategy
- Knowledge of satellite imaging, earth observation, or remote sensing industry
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com
- Previous experience using sales engagement platforms - Groove, SalesLoft, Outreach, Sales Navigator, iGov
- Bachelor’s degree
- Government Security Clearance
Some Press About Us:
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.