Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth with offices globally in Singapore and Berlin.
About the Role:
The Customer Success team at Planet is seeking a strong leader to manage a fast growing team of Customer Success Managers in EMEA. Your mission will be to develop the existing team and hire world class talent in this fast-growing region. The Regional Manager will also serve as a key voice for the CS function in the region, acting as the executive sponsor for customers and working with other cross functional leads to ensure we’re doing everything we can to drive value and satisfaction with our customers. This position co-owns renewals and expansions targets for the region, working closely with the team of CSMs and Sales to meet and exceed our ambitious goals. This position reports to the Director of Customer Success EMEA.
Impact You’ll Own:
- A sense of pride & ownership for your region which drives Customer value and satisfaction.
- Leverage your skill-set, your team and Planets resources to manage an impressive portfolio of customers, driving renewals and expansions.
- Lead the interview and hiring process for new candidates
- Coach & develop exceptional CSMs
- Serve as the voice of the customer, advocating to improve our solutions with the product team.
- Work with our marketing team to ensure your team’s customer success stories are shared far and wide!
- Develop strong relationships with Regional Sales leads and collaborate on ways to uplevel the region.
What You Bring:
- Extensive customer facing experience (preferably in Customer Success leadership or equivalent)
- Ability to act as an escalation point for customer relationships
- Experience leading strategic initiatives for the wider Customer Success or equivalent organization
- Creativity around problem solving and implementing solutions
- 3+ years of direct management experience
- A humble and empathetic approach to people management
- A desire to actively career growth in your team members
- Exceptional customer communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Experience driving value, expansion and renewals at a SaaS or similar company
- Works well across distributed and cross-functional teams; strong ability to lead and influence others
- Excellent spoken and written English
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Forecasting & renewal management experience
- Track record of managing Enterprise level CSMs
- Proven success in managing strategic CS initiatives
- Passionate references that sing your praises
- Previous experience in consulting
- Ability to engage in technical discussions with customers and colleagues
- GIS, geospatial or remote sensing background
- Proficiency in any additional languages (German, French, Russian, etc.)
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Be part of a vibrant international company of 45+ nationalities with office locations in different countries
- Sense of belonging in a diverse and inclusive culture
- Experience a fast-paced spacetech environment
- Countless opportunities to connect within and outside of work with regular team events
- Personal development with annual L&D budget
- Join our regular hack-weeks and meetup events to exchange knowledge
- Employee Resource Groups that provide safe and empowering spaces for connection and mentorship
- Give back to the community by using one day per quarter for charitable work as part of our 1% Pledge
- Health programs and flexible working hours to support work life balance
- Be part of our growth: we offer RSUs for our employees
- Daily virtual mindful bodywork sessions to stay healthy
- We offer equipment and wellbeing support during these challenging times
- Enjoy a spacious central office located in U/S-bahn Zoologischer Garten
- Employees’ well-being is our top priority: on site massages, snacks, fruits, drinks and company lunches
- Additional contributions to Company Pension schemes
- Enjoy unique offers and discounts for companies/web shops
- Additional Company Holidays
Some Press About Us:
"The All-Seeing Eye in the Sky video" Bloomberg Businessweek video
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.