Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
Impact you’ll own
- You will be crucial to ensure we can bring together all relevant data from various sources in a reliant and scalable way, by designing and developing a central data platform, assuming stewardship for data quality, consistency and usability of data.
- You will design the data warehouse solution (including data governance policies), supporting the integration of new tools and data sources from vendor selection, to integration and daily operations.
- You will own the technology stack and will collaborate with the Data Engineers and the Business Analysts to build a scalable and reliable company wide data warehouse and business intelligence platform.
What you bring
- Experience with selecting, implementing and operating data warehouse and business intelligence systems
- Hands-on experience integrating data from disparate sources and creating processes to enforce integrity and consistency across different systems
- Solid understanding of Google Cloud Infrastructure, proficiency with BigQuery and SQL
- Familiarity with various dashboard and data visualization tools like DataStudio, Tableau
- You have several years of professional experience in designing, building, monitoring, or scaling data processing pipelines
- Deep expertise on relational and dimensional modeling, theories, principles, and practice
- Strong fundamentals in security topics and data governance
What makes you stand out
- You have designed and implemented large scale data integration and business intelligence solutions
- You enjoy working with small, nimble teams and collaborating across different departments
- Hands on experience with Salesforce, Netsuite
- You are an ambassador for data driven decision making to the company.
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Be part of a vibrant international company of 45+ nationalities with office locations in different countries
- Sense of belonging in a diverse and inclusive culture
- Experience a fast-paced spacetech environment
- Countless opportunities to connect within and outside of work with regular team events
- Personal development with annual L&D budget
- Join our regular hack-weeks and meetup events to exchange knowledge
- Employee Resource Groups that provide safe and empowering spaces for connection and mentorship
- Give back to the community by using one day per quarter for charitable work as part of our 1% Pledge
- Health programs and flexible working hours to support work life balance
- Be part of our growth: we offer RSUs for our employees
- Daily virtual mindful bodywork sessions to stay healthy
- We offer equipment and wellbeing support during these challenging times
- Enjoy a spacious central office located in U/S-bahn Zoologischer Garten
- Employees’ well-being is our top priority: on site massages, snacks, fruits, drinks and company lunches
- Additional contributions to Company Pension schemes
- Enjoy unique offers and discounts for companies/web shops
- Additional Company Holidays
Some Press About Us:
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.