Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
In this role you will join our dynamic Planet marketing team to own the planning and execution of field marketing events in the region. This person will collaborate with a broad range of stakeholders and partners, including sales, design / agency resources, partners and vendors to deliver high-quality content-rich experiences that lead to awareness, pipeline and revenue for Planet.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Reports directly to EMEA Sr. Field Marketing Manager and works closely on the field marketing strategy for the region, prioritizing top events and activities to influence pipeline and awareness
- Work with cross functional teams - EMEA Sales leaders, Customer Success, Sales Engineers, Product Marketing, External Partners and internal Planet Partner Business Managers
- Own the end to end execution of an event - pre-work to ensure the right accounts are targeted, setting up event goals, lining up the right attendees, executing during set-up and work the event, post-event activities including attendee follow up and pipeline tracking
- Ensure measurements are in place to track the ROI on all activities, including working with the team to set-up campaigns in Marketo and track influence and ROI on all activities
- Help capture and document regional customer success stories and top priority verticals, sub verticals, and use cases
- Build tight alignment with the EMEA Sales team, customer success and sales engineers
- Ensure tight communication with HQ-based marketing team to align to corporate strategy and keep up-to-date on specific objectives
What You Bring:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 2-5+ years of experience planning and producing in person and virtual events
- Proficiency in marketing automation tools and CRM systems to track lead sources, monitor lead conversion activity and assess ROI of event channels for future planning
- Experience planning and executing events at a range of budget levels and venues, with knowledge of the vendor ecosystems to set up exhibit booths and social events, as well as manage development of supporting signage and branded collateral
- Experience collaborating with product marketing and product teams to ensure that Planet’s messaging and demos are always accurate, engaging, and consistent across various channels
- Self-starter with ability to organize, prioritize and execute multiple, ongoing projects under deadline, with an eye on business impact and quality
- Detail oriented and strong project management skills to align all stakeholders through the planning process
- Excellent written and oral communication in English and in German.
- Energy, tenacity, and drive!
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Be part of a vibrant international company of 45+ nationalities with office locations in different countries
- Sense of belonging in a diverse and inclusive culture
- Experience a fast-paced spacetech environment
- Countless opportunities to connect within and outside of work with regular team events
- Personal development with annual L&D budget
- Join our regular hack-weeks and meetup events to exchange knowledge
- Employee Resource Groups that provide safe and empowering spaces for connection and mentorship
- Give back to the community by using one day per quarter for charitable work as part of our 1% Pledge
- Health programs and flexible working hours to support work life balance
- Be part of our growth: we offer RSUs for our employees
- Daily virtual mindful bodywork sessions to stay healthy
- We offer equipment and wellbeing support during these challenging times
- Enjoy a spacious central office located in U/S-bahn Zoologischer Garten
- Employees’ well-being is our top priority: on site massages, snacks, fruits, drinks and company lunches
- Additional contributions to Company Pension schemes
- Enjoy unique offers and discounts for companies/web shops
- Additional Company Holidays
Some Press About Us:
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.