Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
Planet is looking for a passionate, innovative field marketer to grow and execute our global event strategy in the LATAM region. This role will join the dynamic Demand Generation team and be based in the Americas, where they will own the planning and executing of field marketing events and activities.
This person will collaborate with and guide a broad range of stakeholders and partners, including sales leadership, design/agency resources, partners, customers and vendors to deliver high quality content-rich experiences that ultimately lead to awareness, pipeline, and revenue for Planet.
- Work with LATAM leadership to own the field marketing strategy for the LATAM region, prioritizing the top events and activities to influence pipeline and awareness
- Work with cross functional teams - design, sales, product, product marketing, partners - to execute events in region
- Own the end to end execution of an event - pre-work to ensure the right accounts are targeted, setting up event goals, lining up the right attendees, executing during to set up and work the event, post-event activities including attendee follow up and pipeline tracking
- Ensure measurements are in place to track the ROI on all activities, including working with the team to set-up campaigns in Marketo and track influence and ROI on all activities
- Help capture and document regional customer success stories and top priority verticals, sub verticals, and use cases
- Build tight alignment with the LATAM Sales team, customer success and sales engineers
- Ensure tight communication with HQ-based marketing team to align to corporate strategy and keep up to date on specific objectives
- Help translate and rewrite marketing materials from English to Spanish and Portuguese
Required Skills and Experiences:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3-5+ years of experience planning and producing in-person, hybrid and virtual events
- Proficiency in marketing automation tools and CRM systems to track lead sources, execute event follow-up campaigns, monitor lead conversion activity and assess ROI of event channels for future planning
- Experience planning and executing events at a range of budget levels and venues, with knowledge of the vendor ecosystems to set up exhibit booths and social events, as well as manage development of supporting signage and branded collateral
- Experience collaborating with product marketing and product teams to ensure that Planet’s messaging and demos are always accurate, engaging, and consistent across various channels
- Self-starter with ability to organize, prioritize and execute multiple, ongoing projects under deadline, with an eye on business impact and quality
- Detail oriented and strong project management skills to align all stakeholders through the planning process
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluent in English, Spanish and Portuguese, spoken and written
- Energy, tenacity, and drive!
Nice to Haves:
- Familiarity with markets for satellite imagery, geographic information systems, software development and analytics
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.