Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Director of Total Rewards to join our team at Planet. This person will be reporting to our VP of People & Places. You will be responsible for planning and executing our programs and bringing out fresh ways to evolve our strategies. You will have extensive knowledge in Benefits, Payroll, Immigrations, Compliance, and Regulatory. You will work closely with our Executive team to develop, suggest, and implement new ways and help us grow throughout the organization.
We look forward to meeting you and the positive impact that you will bring to Planet’s employee experience!
Impact You’ll Own:
- Propose and then execute on global benefits strategies by analyzing cost impact, equitable impact and user experience
- Recognize prominent market shift and the ability to find ways to stay competitive within the market
- Measure impact and effectiveness by setting goals throughout the organization
- Coach managers and employees on numerous ways to talk about benefit, compliance, policies, etc.
- Keep your pulse on innovations in total rewards by staying attuned to global developments, trends, and technological advancements and by conducting routine benchmark comparisons using internal and external expertise.
What You Bring:
- 7+ years’ of relevant experience in total rewards, compensation and benefits strategic planning
- A reliable track record of recognizing issues and utilizing key abilities to drive suitable solutions
- Out of the box thinking and the ability to both dream big and drive for results
- Solid ability to work cross-functionally across the organization
- Knowledge and understanding of various equity programs
- Experience in creating project roadmap and executing in a timely manner
- Knowledge of California Employment Law
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Experience in both private and public companies
- HR certification (eg SPHR, SHRM, SCP)
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.