Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
This role has two main sides - “classical” Customer Success with strategic account management and high-level product support, being the link between CSM and other departments. A CSE works with customers to make them better users of Planet's product offerings. Your efforts will be directly visible in customers' ability to make global change actionable, enabling better business decisions and situational awareness.
If you are motivated and results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment, we’d like to meet you.
Impact You’ll Own:
Customer Success Side
- Partner with customer success managers to ensure customers are getting value in Planet’s products through onboarding, updates and trainings
- Propose creative and timely solutions accordingly to solve key challenges to adoption and value that strategic customers are encountering
- Execute proposed solutions in one of three ways 1) Directly if the effort and following maintenance is low 2) Via customer resources or 3) Via the proserve team
- Organize and lead webinars and workshops (internal and external)
Engineering & Product Side
- Provide product and technical guidance, and best practices towards customer success related to customer success managers, partners, and customers
- Serve as a product champion with the customer success team and work closely with cross functional teams, such as Product, Technical Support, Collection Planning, etc. to ensure customers are getting value in Planet’s products
- Work closely with PM to resolve critical product issues faced by customers
- Lead EAP (Early Access Programs) in conjunction with Product Team and CSMs
- Support and implement customer feedback and share these with other internal cross-functional teams, such as Product team, Technical Support team, Collection Planning team, etc.
- Share and create tools and resources to help customers successfully adopt Planet’s solutions for their use
What You Bring:
- 3+ years of relevant experience in customer support or client service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Expertise with QGIS, Esri software, GDAL or other common geospatial software
- Ability to successfully communicate and coordinate with international customers & sales team
- Strong problem-solving skills and proactive working style
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Proven ability programming with Python to process imagery, manipulate vector data, interact with APIs and build data pipelines
- Demonstrated ability to lead customer engagements
- Ability to run workshops or training sessions with users
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Familiarity with CRM systems and practices
Some Press About Us:
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.