Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About The Role:
We are looking for Sales Development Representatives for high-growth Sales organization with a focus on generating new business across all product lines.
What You Bring:
- Understand and articulate the unique value of satellite imagery and imagery-derived products presents to customers across multiple verticals, use cases and applications, including energy, agriculture/farming, government, and forestry.
- Hunt, prospect and qualify leads
- Use prospecting tools to find new contacts and new organizations in the geographic sales territory.
- Aid in the development of pipeline and territory sales growth
- Effectively pass leads to in-territory reps—and follow up on pipeline progression
- Strategically build relationships with partners and end customers
- Ability to communicate effectively in Japanese is a requirement
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of satellite imaging, earth observation, or remote sensing industry
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Flexible working hours / home office
- Volunteering benefits
- Stock options
- Recognition and referral program
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and at a recent Dreamforce Talk
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
"The All-Seeing Eye in the Sky video" Bloomberg Businessweek video
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.