Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
You will mainly support the data management tasks in our CRM system. You will also prepare reports and use them to identify errors or prepare statistical analysis. Moreover, you will assist other teams on process improvements and ad-hoc projects.
The position will also provide exposure to tasks related to contract management, including preparing and sending partner contracts.
As a working student in the Sales Operations Team you will be closely working with Sales, Finance and Legal teams to ensure data quality and provide the best service for our customers.
You will be based in our Berlin office and report directly to the Sales Operations Lead. You will work closely with the international sales and finance teams, supporting them in their daily activities.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Support of contract management:
- Issue of standard and non-standard NDAs,
- Preparing and issuing partner contracts per request from the Sales Team (reseller and referral agreements)
- Management of new contract requests and pending contracts
- Updating existing/ active partner contracts with new contracting terms and requirements
- Communication and update on newly signed contracts to internal teams
- Preparation, executing and management of termination notices to customers and partners, and respective update of internally involved teams
- Escalating non-standard requests from partners or Sales Team to the Legal Team
- Adjusting and archiving of legal documents
- Daily sales operations duties:
- Data management tasks in our CRM system - Salesforce
- Collaboration with finance/sales/customer support departments to optimize internal sales processes
- Support in different aspects of order-to-cash process
- Statistical analysis of data and company's results using Excel and Clari
- Preparation of presentations using Powerpoint and Google Slides
What you bring:
- Studying business or related topics
- Ability to do accurate data entry (Book to Bill/Quote to Cash)
- Positive attitude and not afraid to take ownership of projects
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Previous CRM (Salesforce.com) and Excel experience preferred
- Fluent English, other languages an advantage
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Fruit, snacks, drinks, weekly company lunch
- Office building in a central location close to Zoologischer Garten
- Onsite massages, Urban Sports Club membership, health program
- Birthday and anniversary gifts
- Volunteering benefits
- Corporate benefits
- Recognition and referral program
- Great Team Events
Some Press About Us:
"The All-Seeing Eye in the Sky video" Bloomberg Businessweek video
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.