Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to decision-makers in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data and machine learning-powered analytics to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest challenges.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we are iterating in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth.
Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is looking for a passionate, innovative event marketer to grow our global event strategy in the APAC region. This role will join the dynamic Planet Marketing team and be based in the APAC region, where they will own the planning and executing of field marketing events in the region as well as being the primary representative of marketing in the region. This person will collaborate with and guide a broad range of stakeholders and partners, including sales leadership, design/agency resources, partners, customers and vendors to deliver high quality content-rich experiences that ultimately lead to awareness, pipeline, and revenue for Planet.
- Work with APAC leadership to own the field marketing strategy for the APAC region, prioritizing the top events and activities to influence pipeline and awareness
- Work with cross functional teams - design, sales, product, product marketing, partners - to execute events in region
- Own the end to end execution of an event - pre-work to ensure the right accounts are targeted, setting up event goals, lining up the right attendees, executing during to set up and work the event, post-event activities including attendee follow up and pipeline tracking
- Ensure measurements are in place to track the ROI on all activities, including working with the team to set-up campaigns in Marketo and track influence and ROI on all activities
- Help capture and document regional customer success stories and top priority verticals, sub verticals, and use cases
- Build tight alignment with the APAC leadership team
- Ensure tight communication with HQ-based marketing team to align to corporate objectives and keep up to date on APAC-specific objectives
Required Skills and Experiences:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Several years of experience planning and producing in person events
- Proficiency in marketing automation tools and CRM systems to track lead sources, execute event follow-up campaigns, monitor lead conversion activity and assess ROI of event channels for future planning
- Experience planning and executing events at a range of budget levels and venues, with knowledge of the vendor ecosystems to set up exhibit booths and social events, as well as manage development of supporting signage and branded collateral
- Experience collaborating with product marketing and product teams to ensure that Planet’s messaging and demos are always accurate, engaging, and consistent across various channels
- Self-starter with ability to organize, prioritize and execute multiple, ongoing projects under deadline, with an eye on business impact and quality
- Detail oriented and strong project management skills to align all stakeholders through the planning process
- Excellent written and oral communication in English
- Energy, tenacity, and drive!
Nice to Haves:
- Very good written and oral communication
- Familiarity with markets for satellite imagery, geographic information systems, software development and analytics.
- Proficiency in additional languages across our global markets
Some press about us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall's TED Talk
"Tiny Satellites ushering in the New Space Revolution" Bloomberg Businessweek
"The All-Seeing Eye in the Sky video" Bloomberg Businessweek video
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth. If you are feeling inspired, check out our website www.planet.com/careers and apply. Be sure to include a cover letter to let us know why you think you’d be a good fit and feel free to mention anyone you have previously worked with at Planet.
We are committed to building a diverse team and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.