Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to decision-makers in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data and machine learning-powered analytics to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest challenges.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we are iterating in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth.
Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Based in San Francisco and / or regionally in territories, the Account Executive will find new customers and manage existing relationships as we continue to grow sales according to the business plan. The ideal candidate is a driven, independent thinker, who can also be creative as we expand into new market segments. This person will have a strong business acumen and an aptitude to learn new things. You will target the following sectors: commercial accounts, government (civil) accounts, and partners. You will identify, qualify, negotiate, and close large-scale complex deals and drive sales revenue targets. Most likely, you have a technical understanding of geo-spatial imagery products, or a similar technical field and know the customer segments we sell to. Above all else, enjoy our unique value proposition and join Planet on our mission to see change and change the world.
You will develop an extensive pipeline of new sales leads, provide product and sales demonstrations to prospective customers, and formulate appropriate business relationships with accounts.
This is what a typical week would like for you:
- Prospect and develop business relationships, close sales, and manage customer expectations as the company grows.
- Identify channel and reseller relationships to expand market presence, seek out new partnerships as needed.
- Manage proposal generation and pricing work as needed.
- Sales operations duties as required.
- Demonstrated success finding and winning business with new customers
- 5+ years of related experience in Software or technical sales
- Experience selling to Enterprise customers including understanding the nuances of sales cycles and how to navigate through the channels
- Strong enterprise and/or SaaS technical sales experience required along with a demonstrated track record of success
- Ability to forecast accurately and manage a pipeline of opportunities
- Ability to source, sell, co-sell, and close large deals; carrying quota and closing should be familiar concepts.
- Ability to do deep discovery and build relationships to enable negotiations regarding variations in prices, delivery and customer specifications to their managers.
- Excellent communication skills, multiple languages is always a plus
- Self-starter, able to work independently under tight deadlines in start-up environment
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills
- The ability to interact successfully across cultures
- Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Live in the United States
- Experience with Salesforce.com or a similar CRM System
Some press about us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall's TED Talk
"Tiny Satellites ushering in the New Space Revolution" Bloomberg Businessweek
"The All-Seeing Eye in the Sky video" Bloomberg Businessweek video
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth. If you are feeling inspired, check out our website www.planet.com/careers and apply. Be sure to include a cover letter to let us know why you think you’d be a good fit and feel free to mention anyone you have previously worked with at Planet.
We are committed to building a diverse team and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.