Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to decision-makers in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data and machine learning-powered analytics to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest challenges.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we are iterating in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth.
Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet Labs is looking for a full-time QA Automation Engineer to join the Software Engineering team in Berlin.
- Develop and integrate test suites for web applications, services and APIs together with the engineering team.
- Work with stakeholders to identify, prioritize and document new areas for automation.
- Work with the engineering team to set up and maintain server-side infrastructure and CI configuration.
- Report and track issues found.
- Perform load testing and results analysis.
- Perform exploratory testing on customer facing web applications
- Excellent knowledge of concepts and tools for automated testing for web and mobile platforms (Selenium / Page Object design pattern / pytest).
- Good scripting skills with Bash and ability to demonstrate knowledge of Linux.
- Solid knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment concepts and tools (preferably Gitlab).
- Experience in using tools such as Jira, Git and Docker is desirable.
- Strong problem solving skills, with the ability to dig deep and find the root cause of reported problems.
- Being proactive and self-driven is key to be successful in this role.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Experience in effectively collaborating with globally dispersed engineering and product teams.
- Solid Knowledge and experience in Kubernetes.
- Track record of working in an agile software development environment.
- Familiarity with geo-spatial data, satellite imagery and remote sensing is a plus.
Some press about us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall's TED Talk
"Tiny Satellites ushering in the New Space Revolution" Bloomberg Businessweek
"The All-Seeing Eye in the Sky video" Bloomberg Businessweek video
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth. If you are feeling inspired, check out our website www.planet.com/careers and apply. Be sure to include a cover letter to let us know why you think you’d be a good fit and feel free to mention anyone you have previously worked with at Planet.
We are committed to building a diverse team and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.