Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to decision-makers in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data and machine learning-powered analytics to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest challenges.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we are iterating in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth.
Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Our Sales Executive will field, qualify, and transact on a diverse set of pre-existing and incoming leads for our APAC region. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, independent thinker, and can think laterally to bring our data into new market segments. You will target the following sectors: government accounts, defense & intelligence and partners. You will identify, qualify, negotiate and close large-scale complex deals and drive sales revenue targets. Most likely, you have a technical understanding of geo-spatial imagery products. Above all else, enjoy our unique value proposition by simplifying complex commercial challenges and explaining why and how our geospatial data can address them.
You will develop an extensive pipeline of new sales leads, provide product and sales demonstrations to prospective customers and formulate appropriate business relationships with accounts.
This is what a typical week would like for you:
- Prospect and develop business relationships, close sales and manage customer expectations as the company grows
- Identify channel and reseller relationships to expand market presence, seek out new partnerships as needed
- Manage proposal generation and pricing work as needed
- Sales operations duties as required
- 3-5 years of related experience in international sales in the APAC region
- Sales experience in the governmental sector along with a demonstrated track record of success
- GIS / remote sensing experience or related field
- Understanding of the nuances of sales cycles and how to navigate through the channels
- Ability to source, sell, co-sell and close large deals; carrying quota and closing should be familiar concepts
- Success in acting as a bridge between the company and its current market and future markets
- Efficiency in gathering market and customer info to enable negotiations regarding variations in prices, delivery and customer specifications to their managers.
- Excellent communication skills, including multiple languages
- Self-starter, able to work independently under tight deadlines in start-up environment
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills
- The ability to interact successfully across cultures
- Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Vertical specific expertise a strong plus (agriculture, commodities, energy, insurance, forestry, govt sales)
- Product development & product positioning experience
- Sales Ops experience (CRM, collateral development, pipeline tracking, etc)
Some press about us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall's TED Talk
"Tiny Satellites ushering in the New Space Revolution" Bloomberg Businessweek
"The All-Seeing Eye in the Sky video" Bloomberg Businessweek video
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth. If you are feeling inspired, check out our website www.planet.com/careers and apply. Be sure to include a cover letter to let us know why you think you’d be a good fit and feel free to mention anyone you have previously worked with at Planet.
We are committed to building a diverse team and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.