Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to decision-makers in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data and machine learning-powered analytics to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest challenges.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we are iterating in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth.
Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
We’re looking for a passionate, self-motivated Financial Analyst to join the FP&A team. This strategic role will be responsible for regular monthly reporting, maintaining financial systems, developing and assisting in scaling the existing financial models. As a member of the FP&A team, you will work cross-functionally with the business and help support the overall company strategy. Due to the high-growth nature of our business, the duties and responsibilities of this position will evolve over time, so we are looking for someone who has the capacity and desire to grow with the position.
- Develop and improve existing financial models that track and analyze KPIs
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure timely and accurate financial closes
- Cultivate relationships and collaborate across the organization and leadership to drive process improvements
- Assist with ad hoc projects as required
- Leverage and improve current systems to increase efficiency and accuracy of the FP&A team
Required Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years of FP&A experience, audit or investment banking experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent financial modeling & analysis skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate, highly motivated, creative, and able to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Positive, get-it-done attitude and agile approach to problem solving
Nice to Have:
- Prior experience in a software/SaaS organization is a plus
- Anaplan and NetSuite experience preferred
Some press about us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall's TED Talk
"Tiny Satellites ushering in the New Space Revolution" Bloomberg Businessweek
"The All-Seeing Eye in the Sky video" Bloomberg Businessweek video
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth. If you are feeling inspired, check out our website www.planet.com/careers and apply. Be sure to include a cover letter to let us know why you think you’d be a good fit and feel free to mention anyone you have previously worked with at Planet.
We are committed to building a diverse team and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.