Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to decision-makers in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data and machine learning-powered analytics to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest challenges.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we are iterating in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth.
Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
As a Sales Development Representative you will partner with the Account Executive team to introduce Planet to our strategic target companies. You will create campaigns that target important individuals in these companies and help them understand the unique value of our Imagery. Here’s some more details about your responsibilities in this role:
- Understand and articulate the unique value of satellite data to customers across multiple verticals, use cases and applications, including energy, agriculture/farming, government, and forestry
- Hunt, contact and qualify potential customers in diverse industries
- Regular follow-up and persistently reach out to potential customers through telephone calls, email or other forms of communication
- Identify the decision makers and what their needs are and discuss how Planet can provide a solution
- Effectively pass leads to sales executives and manage the pipeline progression
- Collaborate closely with the Marketing and Sales teams to execute strategies for generating new clients and target account
- Use our CRM system Salesforce to manage leads, accounts and customer opportunity cycles
Here’s what you will bring to Planet:
- You are a sales talent with an outstanding ability to understand and advise customers
- Ability to learn complex topics and explain them to a lay audience
- A genuine interest in satellite imaging
- Great enthusiasm for speaking to new prospects about Planet through a diverse mix of channels
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Plenty of room for personal growth and professional development
- A highly talented, passionate and international team that revolutionizes the space industry
- A modern working environment with flexible working hours
- Free drinks, vegetables, fruits and snacks, plus company lunch
- Health promotion program and regular team events
- Regular in-house massages
- Internal referral program
- Additional holidays & volunteering time off
Some press about us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall's TED Talk
"Tiny Satellites ushering in the New Space Revolution" Bloomberg Businessweek
"The All-Seeing Eye in the Sky video" Bloomberg Businessweek video
If you are feeling inspired, check out our website www.planet.com/careers and apply. Be sure to include a cover letter to let us know why you think you’d be a good fit and feel free to mention anyone you have previously worked with at Planet.
We are committed to building a diverse team and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.