Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. Our fleet of +100 orbiting spacecraft deliver an unprecedented firehose of imagery that captures the entire Earth’s landmass nearly every day at 3m/pixel resolution. This combination of temporal frequency, spatial resolution and global coverage represents a groundbreaking technological advancement that enables new kinds of data analytics and powers solutions to many global-scale problems.
We are both a space company and a software & analytics company, all rolled into one. If you are passionate about space and machine learning, Planet is the right choice. Reasons to join us include:
- We are a young and successful cube-sat company, unique in its domain.
- You will work with a geospatial dataset that is new to humankind. Imagery of the entire globe, every day. Think of the possibilities.
- You will work on cutting-edge applications of deep learning on remote sensing.
- You will build machine learning products that get served at a global scale.
- You will work in a dynamic, talented and inclusive work environment.
- All departments are in the same building. You sit together and learn from teams like spacecraft, mission control and launch.
- You get to watch several rocket launches per year, sometimes in person.
In the Analytics Engineering team, we are focused in developing core and customer-facing intelligence products that will change how our industry measures global activity. For example, we can build systems that detect deforestation within a few days from occurring, anywhere in the world. Our customers come from a range of sectors, including commercial, environmental and humanitarian.
We have a strong machine learning team and are looking for talented engineers with applied product experience to join us. If you are a team player, focused on product delivery, and are excited about deep learning, computer vision or spatio-temporal analytics, this would be a great fit for you.
- Active participation in a collaborative software development environment.
- Contribute to the design and development of data pipelines to train, evaluate and deploy models at scale.
- Contribute to the development of new models and analytic products using geospatial data.
- Collaborate closely with peers in other engineering teams and interface frequently with product teams.
- At least 4 years of experience
- Strong background in Machine Learning.
- Strong Python software development skills.
- Good foundations of software architecture, object-oriented design, APIs and testing patterns.
- Experience implementing machine learning models and deploying them in scalable environments.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Few years of experience building production software and API services.
- Experience with deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow.
- Experience leading and managing small teams and projects.
- MS or PhD degree in topic related to Machine Learning or Computer Vision.
Some interesting articles and press:
“Sub-weekly detection of deforestation” -- Planet blog
"Tiny Satellites ushering in the New Space Revolution" Bloomberg Businessweek
"The All-Seeing Eye in the Sky video" Bloomberg Businessweek video
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth. If you are feeling inspired, check out our website www.planet.com/careers and apply.
We are committed to building a diverse team and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.