Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to decision-makers in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data and machine learning-powered analytics to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest challenges.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we are iterating in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth.
Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
We are currently seeking a System Administrator to cover a 2.5 years maternity leave in our office in Berlin.
We are currently seeking an IT Systems Administrator to join our Corporate Engineering Team.
Work with internal clients to identify and resolve issues with their desktops, laptops, mobile devices, and connectivity.
Install and perform repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment.
Work closely with the People and Facilities Teams to onboard new hires, including procurement of equipment as well as account creation and software installation.
Manage access rights and permissions.
Create, maintain, and support company-wide applications and services.
The Must Haves:
- Experience in desktop support.
- Experience installing and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows or Macintosh OS X
- Knowledge about Google Apps and Microsoft Active Directory.
- Standard Windows Services.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to troubleshoot and pinpoint problems.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work calmly and methodically in a high-pressure situation.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical people.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong team player with service-oriented attitude and customer focus.
- Good command of writing and speaking English
- Experience with JIRA or similar issue tracking systems.
- Experience with A/V and printing equipment.
- Plenty of room for personal growth and professional development
- A highly talented, passionate and international team that revolutionizes the space industry
- A modern working environment with flexible working hours
- Free drinks, vegetables, fruits and snacks, plus company lunch
- Health promotion program and regular team events
- Regular in-house massages
- Internal referral program
- Additional holidays & volunteering time off
Some press about us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall's TED Talk
"Tiny Satellites ushering in the New Space Revolution" Bloomberg Businessweek
"The All-Seeing Eye in the Sky video" Bloomberg Businessweek video
If you are feeling inspired, check out our website www.planet.com/careers and apply. Be sure to include a cover letter to let us know why you think you’d be a good fit and feel free to mention anyone you have previously worked with at Planet.
We are committed to building a diverse team and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.