Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to decision-makers in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data and machine learning-powered analytics to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest challenges.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we are iterating in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth.
Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
We are seeking a VP of Sales to lead our efforts and our team in the Asia Pacific region. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, independent thinker, and can strategize to bring our product into new market segments. You will be responsible to understand the nuances of these markets and how to most effectively bring our data into the following sectors: commercial accounts, government accounts, and partners. You will work individually and with your team to identify, qualify, negotiate and close large-scale complex deals and drive sales revenue targets. You will develop an extensive pipeline of new sales leads, provide product and sales demonstrations to prospective customers, and formulate appropriate business relationships with accounts. Ideally, you would have a technical understanding of geo-spatial imagery products, and know the customer segments in the market. Above all else, enjoy our unique value proposition by simplifying complex commercial challenges and explaining why and how our geospatial data can address them.
- 10+ years of Sales Leadership experience at a high-growth company
- History of driving revenue to targets, penetrating new markets, and building thriving sales teams
- Experience selling to enterprise customers with demonstrable understanding of sales life cycles
- Strong enterprise, SaaS, and PaaS technical sales experience with tangible metrics of success
- Ability to source, sell, co-sell, and close large deals
- Ability to act as a bridge between the company and its current and future markets
- Strong research aptitude applied to selling, relationship building, and closing
- Self-starter, able to work independently under tight deadlines in start-up environment
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, including multiple languages
- The ability to interact successfully across cultures
- Vertical-specific expertise is a strong plus (agriculture, commodities, energy, insurance, forestry, government sales)
- Product development & product positioning experience
- Sales Ops experience (CRM, collateral development, pipeline tracking, etc)
Some press about us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall's TED Talk
"Tiny Satellites ushering in the New Space Revolution" Bloomberg Businessweek
"The All-Seeing Eye in the Sky video" Bloomberg Businessweek video
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth. If you are feeling inspired, check out our website www.planet.com/careers and apply. Be sure to include a cover letter to let us know why you think you’d be a good fit and feel free to mention anyone you have previously worked with at Planet.
We are committed to building a diverse team and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.