Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to decision-makers in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data and machine learning-powered analytics to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest challenges.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we are iterating in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth.
Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
- Must have a BSEE, MS or PhD in computer engineering, electrical engineering, or equivalent experience and have worked in a production level environment doing ASIC/FPGA design
- MSEE with 5+ years of relevant experience or BSEE with 10+ years of relevant experience
- Extensive experience with FPGA design flow (synthesis, place & route, etc)
- FPGA architectural definition & performance analysis
- RTL coding in Verilog for FPGA designs
- Proficiency with the Quartus tools and Altera IP
- Experience in scripting/programming (python and C) including low-level programming of complex computer systems (e.g., firmware, drivers)
- Lab verification and automating test-benches
- Experience with version control (e.g., git) and managing releases to production
- Ability to understand electrical schematics
- Work independently and manage deliverables to align with dynamic project goals
- Excellent verbal and written skills to interact with design teams
- Experience working with tight production schedules and manufacturing teams
- Power consumption estimation for FPGA operations
- Conducting system and subsystem level integration/testing, data collection, and analyzing the resulting data
- Experience with field deployments, debug, and upgrades
Some press about us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall's TED Talk
"Tiny Satellites ushering in the New Space Revolution" Bloomberg Businessweek
"The All-Seeing Eye in the Sky video" Bloomberg Businessweek video
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth. If you are feeling inspired, check out our website www.planet.com/careers and apply. Be sure to include a cover letter to let us know why you think you’d be a good fit and feel free to mention anyone you have previously worked with at Planet.
We are committed to building a diverse team and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.