Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to decision-makers in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data and machine learning-powered analytics to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest challenges.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we are iterating in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth.
Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
- Strategically and tactically manage all inbound and outbound campaigns to drive engagement of marketing assets through digital campaigns, social networks and paid channels
- Work with product and content marketing on campaign-specific messaging and align demand generation programs with ongoing marketing initiatives
- Report on the impact of demand generation campaigns and performance
- Partner with Marketing and Sales to create industry specific nurture programs
- Proactively work with Sales Development Representatives and Account Executives to align goals, execute campaigns, and track jointly creating pipeline
- Proactively work with IT and Sales Operations teams to track MarTech stack implementation and campaign execution
- Segment lists based on behaviors, personas, engagement and website interactions (i.e. content downloads, site page visits, job roles, etc.)
- Own the email marketing channel and support the execution of monthly newsletters, ABM campaigns as well as email drips to help nurture leads
- Work to minimize list decay and unsubscribes while increasing the productivity of lead generation and database growth
- Test, analyze, and optimize programs to improve key metrics across all digital channels
- Stay up-to-date with digital marketing trends and potential new channels and strategies
- Work with paid social platforms, particularly LinkedIn, Google AdWords, Marketo (or other marketing automation platforms), Salesforce and other Martech stack platforms
- Implement keywords/phrases to increase engagement of SEO/SEM in coordination with business objectives to optimize existing content and evaluate performance metrics.
- Work with the marketing team on content recommendations and optimize content that will engage prospects to drive SEO/SEM value
- Track customer references working with Sales AE’s on win wires and closed opportunities
Required Professional Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or similar relevant work experience
- Thorough and detail-oriented with experience in pre and post campaign creation and works effectively across various channels that increase marketing qualified leads and sales pipeline
- Metrics-driven mindset, understands the importance of tracking progress and achieving goals
- Passion for living in the weeds while being focused on the bigger picture strategic goals
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects and meeting deadlines
- Self-starter and proactive with regards to getting things done
- Experience working with software tools and processes within a Marketing or Sales organization (ideally Salesforce, Marketo, Yesware, Clearbit and other related tools)
Some press about us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall's TED Talk
"Tiny Satellites ushering in the New Space Revolution" Bloomberg Businessweek
"The All-Seeing Eye in the Sky video" Bloomberg Businessweek video
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth. If you are feeling inspired, check out our website www.planet.com/careers and apply. Be sure to include a cover letter to let us know why you think you’d be a good fit and feel free to mention anyone you have previously worked with at Planet.
We are committed to building a diverse team and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.