Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to decision-makers in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data and machine learning-powered analytics to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest challenges.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we are iterating in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth.
Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Come in and help us turning Satellite Imagery Data as a Service into reality!
Equipped with near-infrared, and video capabilities, Planet’s SkySat fleet can revisit any point on Earth at 72 cm resolution and sub-daily basis, higher frequency than any other commercial high resolution satellite imagery provider. We build systems and services to manage satellites activities in orbit.
In this role, you will build a order management platform that tracks the progress of the user requests and helps our spacecraft operators to maximize the efficiency of our fleet. The service also assists with image quality assurance as well as delivering the final products to our customer.
You will be part of the backend team and work closely with co-located front end and quality assurance teams.
The Must Haves:
- Excellent development skills in Python
- Deep Understanding of the whys and hows of writing tests
- Understanding of CI/CD concept
- Knowledge of common patterns and anti-patterns
- Experience with monitoring solutions
- Experience using kubectl, Docker and docker-compose
- Experience in
- Configuring Gitlab runners
- Managing a kubernetes cluster
- Deep knowledge of PostGIS
- Agile software development methods
- Microservice architectures
- Knowledge of
- Google Cloud Platform
- Geospatial data and algorithm domains
- Web development standards like MVC, MVT
- Plenty of room for personal growth and professional development
- A highly talented, passionate and international team that revolutionizes the space industry
- A modern working environment with flexible working hours
- Free drinks, vegetables, fruits and snacks, plus company lunch
- Health promotion program and regular team events
- Regular in-house massages
- Internal referral program
- Additional holidays & volunteering time off
Some press about us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall's TED Talk
"Tiny Satellites ushering in the New Space Revolution" Bloomberg Businessweek
"The All-Seeing Eye in the Sky video" Bloomberg Businessweek video
If you are feeling inspired, check out our website www.planet.com/careers and apply. Be sure to include a cover letter to let us know why you think you’d be a good fit and feel free to mention anyone you have previously worked with at Planet.
We are committed to building a diverse team and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.