Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to decision-makers in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data and machine learning-powered analytics to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest challenges.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we are iterating in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth.
Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Quality Engineering team at Planet focuses on validating customer-facing applications. This ranges from web based applications where users can explore and visualize Earth, cloud-based imagery platform that enables to ingest imagery, build tools and monitoring with Planet analytics.
We are looking for strong Quality engineer to join our team to help us in building test automation and delivering high quality software.
- Design, develop and maintain automated test cases
- Take ownership of testing features and automation till release.
- Develop and enhance existing tools and automation framework
- Troubleshoot issues down to the root cause and provide detailed bug reports.
- Detail oriented, highly adaptable and acts as a customer advocate for quality.
- Work closely with stakeholders, communicate with team about any issues, risks with the application in test.
The Must Haves:
- 6+ years of experience in software testing and automation
- Strong experience in developing test automation using Python or similar.
- Proven experience in all areas of product testing
- Experience in building reliable automation framework and test tools.
- Experience using Docker and containerized architectures
- Experience in Continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) such as Gitlab, Jenkins.
- Experience with open source tools and resources
- Experience of geospatial concepts
- Experience in Agile development environment
Some press about us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall's TED Talk
"Tiny Satellites ushering in the New Space Revolution" Bloomberg Businessweek
"The All-Seeing Eye in the Sky video" Bloomberg Businessweek video
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth. If you are feeling inspired, check out our website www.planet.com/careers and apply. Be sure to include a cover letter to let us know why you think you’d be a good fit and feel free to mention anyone you have previously worked with at Planet.
We are committed to building a diverse team and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.