Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to decision-makers in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data and machine learning-powered analytics to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest challenges.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we are iterating in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth.
Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Talent Acquisition Manager to partner with our growing team. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to scale our organization, work on strategic challenges, and coach & mentor some truly inspiring teammates.
You will use your recruiting experience, passion for our data and mission, and knowledge of recruitment to lead and develop an autonomous and high performing recruiting team filling both technical and non-technical roles.
- Grow, manage, mentor, and lead a collaborative, high performing recruiting team that can scale to the dynamic demands of a rapidly growing startup
- Manage full cycle recruiting process for our organization ensuring a smooth and positive candidate experience
- Own a small number of reqs from beginning to end while ensuring a high touch candidate experience
- Define and track consistent data-driven hiring metrics and goals
- Partner with senior leaders and executives to drive progress and strategy
- Design and execute creative sourcing strategies and recruiting campaigns
- Empower recruiting team to act as strategic business partners to internal client groups
- Stay connected to and share knowledge about the competitive talent landscape, including trends in recruiting and compensation
- Conduct weekly 1:1's with each member on the the team
The Must Haves:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 6+ years of combined experience in internal recruiting, executive search and/or consulting with demonstrated success in building out, leading or managing teams of high-performing individuals.
- 2+ years experience leading and managing a team
- Extensive experience building and defining recruiting pipeline metrics and using data to debug problems
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work with metrics, numbers, and trends
- Proven leadership with a vision and strategy for talent acquisition in a highly dynamic organization
- An awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusiveness strategies to incorporate into every facet of our overall recruiting strategy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- Recruiting experience within a tech startup, a mission-driven company, or an agency serving tech startups
- Experience with using Greenhouse as an applicant tracking system
- Hybrid experience of in-house and agency recruiting
Some press about us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall's TED Talk
"Tiny Satellites ushering in the New Space Revolution" Bloomberg Businessweek
"The All-Seeing Eye in the Sky video" Bloomberg Businessweek video
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth. If you are feeling inspired, check out our website www.planet.com/careers and apply. Be sure to include a cover letter to let us know why you think you’d be a good fit and feel free to mention anyone you have previously worked with at Planet.
We are committed to building a diverse team and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.