Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to decision-makers in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data and machine learning-powered analytics to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest challenges.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we are iterating in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth.
Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
We are currently seeking a Product Manager.
As a Product Manager at Planet, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise and product vision. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire product lifecycle. This includes managing coordinating stakeholder input, product roadmap and schedules, identifying risks, and clearly communicating them to stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
You will be primarily responsible for the development of a suite of tools to facilitate our core business, automatically task satellite imagery collection, manage user account permissions and access, process payments, and surface issues effectively to stakeholders across the organization. You’ll be responsible for finding and alleviating pain-points across the organization, guiding engineering efforts to build a robust and sustainable business infrastructure. You will be the expert in improving our overall business flow, and build tools to help us operate more effectively and seamlessly.
- Develop Planet’s core business infrastructure to manage accounts, process payments, task imagery collection, and surface useful data to sales and customer success teams
- Build and maintain a roadmap for tools to stabilize our operations, working with engineering teams to harden our infrastructure, and expose business insights more effectively.
- Work closely with Sales and Product Marketing teams to understand our business-insight needs and pain-points, and build velocity within the organization.
- Design and roll out new models for user access and payment systems
- Provide guidance to clients, partners, and team members for issue resolution within Planet and the client organization
- Work across the entire organization to cultivate and drive the product roadmap
- Ensure consistent execution of product lifecycle process from concept to launch through management of people and projects.
- Set project priorities and working through team leaders advance projects from development through implementation, including manpower/work plans, reporting, and quality standards.
- Capture and prioritize product requirements from multiple sources.
- 4+ years of experience as a product manager
- A strong intuitive grasp on common organizational challenges, cross-department interactions, and business/enterprise toolchains.
- Ability to coordinate people and technical resources across multiple areas of the company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at the technical level
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and creative thinking skills
- Must be energetic, creative, and self-motivated
- Bachelor's or master's in computer science, GIS, Geography, Remote Sensing or related field
- Plenty of room for personal growth and professional development
- A highly talented, passionate and international team that revolutionizes the space industry
- A modern working environment with flexible working hours
- Free drinks, vegetables, fruits and snacks, plus company lunch
- Health promotion program and regular team events
- Regular in-house massages
- Internal referral program
- Additional holidays & volunteering time off
Some press about us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall's TED Talk
"Tiny Satellites ushering in the New Space Revolution" Bloomberg Businessweek
"The All-Seeing Eye in the Sky video" Bloomberg Businessweek video
If you are feeling inspired, check out our website www.planet.com/careers and apply. Be sure to include a cover letter to let us know why you think you’d be a good fit and feel free to mention anyone you have previously worked with at Planet.
We are committed to building a diverse team and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.