Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to decision-makers in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data and machine learning-powered analytics to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest challenges.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we are iterating in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth.
Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
This role is responsible for aligning services with sales, supporting sales strategy and related revenue execution, and will be closely aligned with global sales, solutions engineering, services, and finance leadership.
- Owning revamp and efficiency of systems used by the sales, from Salesforce to supporting tools
- Create analysis and insight model from systems to ensure company visibility and consistent metrics to measure scale
- Build out necessary process for team communication and collaboration with toolset, such as:
- Handoffs from marketing to sales and lead-to-opportunity process
- Clear responsibilities and customer knowledge transfer from point of sale to success— especially with new tool implementations
- Lead for operations and enablement support for North America AEs
- Create and implement strategy to support key company goals, such as switching to primarily subscription-based revenue
- Conduct global TAM analysis
- Build out global territory map based on appropriate TAM metrics
- Conduct on-going analysis on territory performance, testing assumptions and validating hypotheses
- Build out of a team to support tools and sales org growth, such as dedicated system admin and enablement roles for N. America
- 5+ years of experience in sales, sales operations or business operations, using Salesforce.com
- Experience working within a VC-backed start-up
- Enterprise software and services sales experience preferred
- Ability to build credibility, trust, and rapport with stakeholders at all levels, both within and outside of the organization.
- A forward thinker who takes the initiative and identifies gaps in workflows and makes recommendations.
- Business-focused: always looking to maximize benefits for the business and minimize downside risk.
- Experience of working with geographically dispersed teams.
- Good understanding of the enterprise sales process
- Exceptions communication and system skills
- Highly Technical. You have superior analytical skills and advanced MS Excel skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
Some press about us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall's TED Talk
"Tiny Satellites ushering in the New Space Revolution" Bloomberg Businessweek
"The All-Seeing Eye in the Sky video" Bloomberg Businessweek video
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth. If you are feeling inspired, check out our website www.planet.com/careers and apply. Be sure to include a cover letter to let us know why you think you’d be a good fit and feel free to mention anyone you have previously worked with at Planet.
We are committed to building a diverse team and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.