Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to decision-makers in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data and machine learning-powered analytics to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest challenges.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we are iterating in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth.
Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
The Proposal Specialist will support the Proposal Manager and the broader Sales Team to drive forward both solicited and unsolicited proposals. For this role, you can translate your expertise in these areas into world class and timely commercial proposal and sales enablement materials.
You will collaborate across our business, operations, and product teams and work closely with engineering and program management as well.
Writing, Editing, and Formatting solicited and unsolicited proposals. Supporting the Proposal Manager with content development and management, proposal tracking, and proposal coordination. Working with Sales and Technical SMEs to articulate Planet product features and benefits to customers.
- Work with Sales, Operations and the Product Team to provide create and drive commercial proposal generation and client facing documentation
- Become a go-to resource for Sales with regards to up-to-date sales content
- Work with the Sales and Marketing teams to create world-class proposals and enablement materials.
- Create, edit, and manage content for both internal and external audiences
- Build strong relationships with Sales, Product, Marketing, and Engineering teams
- 3 - 4 years experience in proposal and/or grants generation, product marketing, technical writing, or business strategy and development
- Experience developing customer facing documentation including: white-papers, proposals, and presentations
- Flexibility and willingness to step outside of traditional roles as needed in a fast-paced startup environment
- Advanced knowledge in the use of content development tools including Google Suites, Microsoft Office, and Adobe products
- Familiarity with CRM tracking, reports, and dashboards
- Experience working with cloud storage, imagery or with geographical information systems.
- Experience supporting geographically diverse teams
- Must have the ability to multitask and meet short timelines/deadlines; at times have the ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends., and holidays to meet proposal deadlines and support global team
Nice to Haves:
- Demonstrated success working directly with customers and users
- Experience supporting complex government, academic, and/or enterprise level business proposals, and use cases.
- Graphic design and development experience
- Language capabilities - Spanish, French, German, and/or Arabic
- Project management experience
Some press about us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall's TED Talk
"Tiny Satellites ushering in the New Space Revolution" Bloomberg Businessweek
"The All-Seeing Eye in the Sky video" Bloomberg Businessweek video
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth. If you are feeling inspired, check out our website www.planet.com/careers and apply. Be sure to include a cover letter to let us know why you think you’d be a good fit and feel free to mention anyone you have previously worked with at Planet.
We are committed to building a diverse team and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.