Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to decision-makers in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data and machine learning-powered analytics to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest challenges.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we are iterating in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth.
Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
- Develop a common methodology and language for the Direct Sales organization to effectively communicate the value proposition of Planet to the global marketplace.
- Work cross-functionally with Sales Operations, Sales, and Marketing to ensure that new sales content and tools align with the corporate strategy, sales process and selling skills methodologies used at Planet
- Bridge the gap between marketing and sales by communicating upcoming product releases, developing training programs, and providing feedback on what’s working/not and what additional resources are needed
- Gather and distill sales processes and requirements into a comprehensive sales Playbook
- Create content, resources, tools, sales communications and training to create a consistent message and brand for the sales team
- Own the ongoing sales training program to ensure that the global team is always up to speed on the latest product, messaging, and sales process information
- Develop a comprehensive global sales onboarding process to improve ramp time to full productivity of new sales hires and providing the training and tools essential for success
- Develop a consistent cadence and process for knowledge sharing with the sales team
- Help to develop and coordinate sales kick-offs and ongoing training events with sales leadership
- Create a robust Channel Partner sales enablement program that includes both content and training
- Define, track and report on key metrics that indicate sales effectiveness improvements, product comprehension, and skill development traction
- Act as sales champion across the business to ensure that the right programs, tools and content are developed to support sales
The Must Haves:
- 3+ years working in a sales related role preferable in software sales or Enterprise sales
- Content development of sales and enablement collateral
- Experience implementing new sales methodologies and identifying the best practices of a high performing sales organization
- Experience supporting a distributed, global sales organization
- Proven success in delivering effective sales training
- Willingness to travel
Some press about us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall's TED Talk
"Tiny Satellites ushering in the New Space Revolution" Bloomberg Businessweek
"The All-Seeing Eye in the Sky video" Bloomberg Businessweek video
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth. If you are feeling inspired, check out our website www.planet.com/careers and apply. Be sure to include a cover letter to let us know why you think you’d be a good fit and feel free to mention anyone you have previously worked with at Planet.
We are committed to building a diverse team and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.