Responsible for providing health services and first aid to employees who become ill or injured, managing workers’ compensation cases, restricted work program and establishing preventative health and wellness programs to promote good health and well-being practices, and maintaining appropriate records.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide triage and administer first aid to employees who are injured on the job and refer to outside medical provider as needed.
2. Coordinate all aspects of workers’ compensation case management. Submit workers’ compensation claims to insurance carrier. Communicate with insurance and medical providers regarding workers compensation cases. Attend workers’ compensation medical appointments with employees as appropriate.
3. Coordinate return-to-work and light duty management plans. Lead cross-functional disability management and return-to-work planning with plant management, Safety Manager, and HR Manager, advising on regulatory requirements in relation to medical needs
4. Collaborate with Safety Manager, plant personnel, and outside services to develop and implement ergonomic programs.
5. Communicate with Safety Manager regarding EHS information regarding work-related injuries for reporting on the OSHA log and internal company incident reports.
6. Provide training and management of the Blood borne Pathogens program.
7. Coordinate annual hearing conservation and testing program, and annual respirator fit testing.
8. Provide health education and wellness materials and information. Deliver health promotion programs to employees.
9. Ensure proper maintenance and confidentiality of medical records.
10. Maintain health service inventory, equipment, kits and equipment as needed.
11. Perform other comparable and related duties, as assigned.
· Current PA active Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse. Or State Certified Basic EMT,referred from the state of Pennsylvania
· 1 - 3 years occupational health experience in a manufacturing environment. Current CPR certification at Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider level (American Heart Association) or Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross).
· Valid Driver’s License.
· Working knowledge of federal, state, and local regulatory occupational health requirements, especially Workers’ Compensation, HIPAA, ADA, FMLA, GINA, and OSHA.
· Ability to plan, organize and complete work in a timely manner.
· Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
· Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively with employees, management, medical providers, and vendors.
· Superior written and verbal communications skills.
· High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a must.
Near acuity (clarity of vision at 20 inches or less)
Exposure to fluorescent lights
No extreme climate or climate variation. Occasional low temperature conditions when in plant.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 - $28.00 per hour