We’ve been passionate about raising uncommonly great-tasting turkey for generations. With roots dating back almost two hundred years, our family farmers are committed to our highest standards for animal welfare. We raise quality poultry that you’ll feel great feeding your family.
Responsible for all activities involved in the assigned department which may include Tray Pack, Debone, 1st Processing, Whole Bird Packaging, etc. This includes ensuring a safe, well-organized, efficient operation with minimum downtime; strictly adhering to company standards and procedures and customer specifications and quality standards; complying with the department HACCP Plan and providing for HACCP recordkeeping; and assigning, training and monitoring staff in accordance with company policies and government regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Coordinate line work to meet production orders in conjunction with team members to:
- Maintain quality standards of products.
- Maintain department performance within standards for efficient utilization of human resources and materials.
- Maintain and report production-related information regarding yields, efficiencies, and labor utilization to the Manager.
- Seek new opportunities for continuous improvement in materials and processes, including lean manufacturing and TQM.
- Ensure that all production processes and products adhere to GMP standards and customer specifications, and are in compliance with the company’s HACCP Plan
- Ensure equipment and work areas are appropriately maintained and operating continuously and efficiently by maintenance staff and outside vendors, in consultation with the Maintenance Manager and Plant Manager.
- Establish and maintain appropriate working relationships with other management personnel and USDA representatives
- Keep abreast of current poultry processing technologies and systems.
- Ensure compliance with USDA, OSHA, EEO, and other appropriate government regulations.
- Perform other related responsibilities, as needed, to support the Company’s business objectives.
- Mentor and motivate 25 - 100 team members, providing training and development to optimize their performance and personal growth.
- Communicate performance standards to team members, recognizing and rewarding individual and team accomplishments and counseling performance problems.
- Communicate standards and ensure compliance with company standards and procedures, quality standards, GMP’s, and HAACP procedures.
- Train and enforce safety regulations and practices.
- Manage staffing, line coverage, and attendance.
- Facilitate team meetings, including team member training. Ensure appropriate documentation is completed and maintained.
- Associate’s degree in Poultry Science, Animal Science, Agriculture, Engineering, or related field, or equivalent in experience.
- 2 years proven supervisory experience, preferably in poultry production.
- Ability and flexibility to work changing shifts as production needs dictate.
- Ability to organize, plan, and complete work in a timely fashion.
- Willingness and ability to learn and perform all of the jobs in the department.· Demonstrated positive attitude and uncompromising regard for quality.
- Ability to recognize and respond to changes appropriately.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of people.
- Ability to motivate others to work towards an environment of continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with and guide other people effectively and to positively influence the attitude and performance of others.
- Strong reading, math, writing, and analytical skills.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Bi-lingual English & Spanish preferred but not required.
Lifting – up to 50 lbs.
Near acuity (clarity of vision at 20 inches or less)
Talking and hearing
Plant environment – temperature variations and exposure to noise above 85 dbl (hearing protection required).