We’ve been passionate about raising uncommonly great-tasting turkey for generations. With roots dating back almost two hundred years, our family farmers are committed to our highest standards for animal welfare. We raise quality poultry that you’ll feel great feeding your family.
Troubleshoot and repair complex electrical equipment and components. Install new equipment and components.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct fault analyses of hardwire relay logic, motor control circuits, motor power circuits, and common utility/lighting circuits.
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts, using appropriate tools and equipment.
- Overhaul machinery and equipment to include component replacements, alignments and calibration to specifications.
- Be familiar with instrumentation including pneumatic, electronic and digital equipment.
- Install, test and maintain electrical equipment.
- Utilize drawings and blueprints to facilitate maintenance and repairs.
- Perform installation of new control circuits, modification of existing instrument/electrical systems as requested, to include design, load and implementation of new control logic.
- Work in all departments in the processing plant environment, which includes cold, damp conditions.
- Reassemble equipment after completion of inspections, testing, or repairs.
- Install equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Provide a means of notification/communication during non-working hours for emergencies. Respond to emergency call-ins within 30 minutes.
- Ensure shop and surrounding areas are kept clean by the removal of all debris in work areas, work benches and break rooms.
- Ensure a safe work environment by eliminating unsafe acts or conditions.
- Perform other comparable and related duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary certification in electrical maintenance or related field plus seven years of experience, journeyman license strongly preferred.
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools to precision instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices. Provide all hand tools needed to safely perform the job.
- Ability to reach schematics
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to organize the tasks to be performed.
- Ability to work with or near blood.
- Must be able to read, write, and comprehend English.
- Must be self motivated and be able to work with minimal supervision.
Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs., climb ladders, bend, twist and work at heights.
Near acuity (clarity of vision at 20 inches or less)
Exposure to fluorescent lights
Climate variation – Refrigerated Temperatures
Exposure to confined spaces