Placements.io is a product-first company that is changing the way digital media publishers manage their advertising businesses. Our SaaS platform makes advertising sales, operations, billing, and revenue reporting painless for digital media publishers and eCommerce. We understand the importance of creating a connected ecosystem for our customers, who depend on Placements.io to help them scale. Headquartered in Seattle, where Placements.io was founded, the company launched its New York office in early 2018 and expanded to London in 2019, Taipei in 2020, and now Singapore in 2023.
We are seeking an experienced and creative UX/UI Designer to join our team. The UX/UI Designer will be responsible for designing and delivering high-quality user-centered designs for our platform, website, and marketing collateral. This role will involve a wide range of responsibilities, including but not limited to user research, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, and usability testing.
Best of all, you’ll work with a small, smart, and driven team that’s not afraid to experiment with new technologies in order to accomplish our mission.
- Understanding of visual design capabilities, including composition, layout information hierarchy, typography and color
- Experience with not only the design but the usability and interaction journey of our users. Candidates must be able to understand our users and any design must solve a functional problem. This must be demonstrated through the ability to create customer journey maps
- Proficient in design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, or similar
- Experience with prototyping tools such as InVision, Axure, or similar
- A portfolio demonstrating breadth, visual creativity and proven experience in telling stories, building visual systems, generating iterative based designs, and delivering comprehensive specifications
- Strong communication, collaboration, and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver high-quality design assets under tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Continuously stay up-to-date with the latest design trends, techniques, and technologies
- PLUS – Ruby on Rails would be nice
- Strong preference for a M.S. graduate from a reputable HCI program such as Carnegie Mellon, GIT, Michigan, UW, MIT, Cal or Parsons
- Competitive Salary
- Early- Stage Stock Options
- Open PTO
- 401k match
- Company Paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- Regular Company Lunches & Happy Hours
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Cell phone reimbursement
To apply to our open positions, please email your resume (.pdf) & portfolio, and the name of the position you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you!
EEO Employer: Placements.io is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
Placements.io complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please send a request to email@example.com. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of many compensation, benefits and other reward opportunities we provide.
The expected salary range for this role in the selected city:
Seattle, WA - USD $125,000 - $170,000
The base salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by various factors, including but not limited to relevant experience, skills, qualifications, education, work location, and other business and organizational needs.