Placed is the market leader in location-driven insights and ad intelligence. We're a fast-growing organization headquartered in downtown Seattle, focusing on connecting the physical and digital worlds to give brands, agencies, publishers and ad networks the ability to target location at scale, measure the offline impact of ads and deliver actionable insights into consumer behavior.
As the Manager of the Software Quality team you'll be responsible for validating software quality across the Placed ecosystem. You will lead a team of QA Development Engineers in designing, building, operating, and maintaining automated and manual test processes. These processes cover acceptance testing application changes, regression testing releases, and measuring the quality of large data sets. The systems under test include web, mobile, and batch data processing applications.
You will be a key stakeholder in our Software Development Life Cycle. This includes acting as an advocate during requirement gathering and sprint planning to ensure stories are sufficiently scoped to execute acceptance testing processes. You will partner with Software Development teams to make sure designs account for testability.
What you’ll do:
- Own the software QA plan for Placed Engineering
- Design, develop, and maintain the QA platform
- Partner with developers to coordinate bug fix development, validation, and deployment
- Build automated monitoring systems to ensure data quality in production systems
- Optimize the latency from code commit to deployment by improving testing processes
- Support cross-functional engineering teams as a quality expert by providing guidance and mentorship
- Be primary contact for external teams regarding Placed QA processes
- Perform system audits of compliance obligations
- Lead a team of engineers to accomplish the above goals
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Experience leading teams of SDETs focused on quality excellence
- 6+ years of experience working on test and deployment automation
- Strong Ruby or Python proficiency
- Experience across the AWS Ecosystem, including EC2, EMR and S3
- Experience with large scale data validation
- Experience with mobile testing is a bonus
At Placed, a subsidiary of Snap, Inc., we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Placed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.