Placed, the market leader in location-driven insights and ad intelligence, is looking for a Director of Marketing to lead and execute our marketing communication strategy. This person could work out of our Seattle (HQ) or New York office.
This role will be instrumental in shaping the public image of Placed as the leader in location insights and mobile ad intelligence driving continued traction of our products in the market.
As our Director of Marketing, you will craft detailed marketing strategy (traditional and digital) to reach the target audiences for multiple products. You'll be instrumental to both building awareness of the Placed brand, and converting prospects into leads. You'll oversee all external communications including PR, product marketing, research reports, website content, social media and events. This key role in our market leading startup will require you to plan strategically and execute upon that plan.
As Director of Marketing as Placed, you will:
- Collaborate with CEO on marketing plan and develop strategic initiatives to achieve quarterly and annual marketing goals
- Identify new tactics and outlets to drive awareness of Placed products and acquire leads
- PR: Draft press releases. Strategically pitch national and trade media outlets (traditional and digital) to generate awareness and demand for Placed products
- Product Marketing: Develop product marketing materials to support the sales organization including pitch decks, one pagers, FAQs, and other collateral as needed
- Content: Own content development including drafting and editing white papers, case studies, blog posts, email newsletters, social media, etc. as outlined in overall marketing plan
- Website: Write website copy and coordinate with internal and external parties to develop the layout, design and messaging on Placed.com
- Events: Oversee the company's presence at relevant industry events including speaking and exhibiting opportunities
- Ensure that all external communications are consistent with the Placed brand.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years in a Marketing role in the tech, startup or ad tech industries
- 2+ years with participation or ownership in PR
- Proven ability to identify and craft pitches to various media outlets (traditional and digital), resulting in positive press coverage and lead generation
- Strong existing tech and advertising trade relationships are highly desirable
- The ability to understand and communicate technical concepts
- Experience analyzing data and building compelling stories based on results
- Strong communication skills, especially written. Be able to develop and execute communication plans across multiple audiences, including press, clients and prospects
- Product marketing experience, preferably in the advertising and/or market research industries
- Experience working with external vendors for various marketing/PR needs
- Experience working in a dynamic, quickly-changing startup environment.
- A relevant degree