Pivotal’s Story VIDEO
As a recognized leader in disciplined agile and lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. Our cloud-native platform and suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the world’s most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. We optimize for change and teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions, and are committed to open source and open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 2,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission—to transform how the world builds software.
You are unique: as an exceptional, passionate, customer facing, hands-on Operator you will help customers transform to realize the benefits of cloud native applications and architectures on Pivotal Cloud Foundry. You will also work closely with the Pivotal Cloud Foundry engineering and solution architect teams
The Customer Solutions team strives to make customers' use of our products and solutions successful, so that they can more effectively transform their business. Our cross-disciplinary team includes technical account leaders, data scientists, agile specialists, solutions architects, educators on Pivotal technology, and business transformation specialists.
- Provide operational assistance and guidance for Pivotal Cloud Foundry including; monitoring, management, disaster recovery, security compliance/auditing, networking, storage, service brokers and build packs
- Work with customer Service Desk, Event Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, Configuration Management and Change Management Processes for all Cloud Services.
- Establish and maintain continuous delivery pipelines for deployment of Pivotal Cloud Foundry and related products in a customer’s infrastructure
- Design and implement continuous integration and continuous delivery processes to deliver customer applications to production, fostering a culture of continuous process improvement
- Continuously learn and be at the leading edge of Pivotal and industry trends
- Become an agent of change within customer organizations
Required Skills / Experiences
- 2+ years experience in release management or production operations
- 2+ years experience working on or leading teams performing systems automation and integration (ideally leveraging an agile methodology / lean techniques)
- Competence in using scripting + programming languages to automate frequently executed activities
- 2+ years IaaS experience (vSphere / ESXi / AWS / OpenStack / Azure / GCP)
- Expert knowledge of Linux / Unix / Windows systems
- Expert knowledge of networking and related technologies (e.g. load balancing / DNS / SSL / firewalls / NAT)
- 2+ years experience with Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, TeamCity, and other Continuous Integration tools
- Experience with production systems and dealing with production issues
- A clear understanding of cloud service and deployment models
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Experience with a platform as a service product such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku, Elastic Beanstalk, or similar
- 2+ years experience with Chef, Puppet, BOSH, or related automation / orchestration tools
- Some experience working with NTP, SAML, oAuth 2, Active Directory
- Solid understanding of systems monitoring, alerting and analytics (NewRelic, AppDynamics, Cacti, Graphite, Logstash, Nagios, Ganglia, Splunk, vROPS, Datadog, etc.)
- A software development or DevOps automation background is a big plus
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.