Associate Director Application Transformation, Pivotal Labs, EMEA
We’re looking for an Associate Director (AD) Application Transformation (AppTx) for our Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) practice within Pivotal Labs. This is a new role within a relatively new team. As such the candidate will be required to establish, and grow this practice within the EMEA region. Over time this role may focus towards either a sub-region, or City as the practice grows. They will collaborate with both the global lead for AppTx, as well as the EMEA lead for Pivotal Labs to define processes, create supporting materials, and train colleagues in how to position and sell AppTx work.
Pivotal’s Story VIDEO
As a recognised leader in disciplined agile and lean software development practices, Pivotal combines a modern approach to building software and infrastructure with our customers core expertise and values. Our cloud-native platform and suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the world’s most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. We optimise for change and enable next-generation developers to create and build new solutions, and are committed to open source and open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 2,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission—to transform how the world builds software. Our cross-disciplinary team includes technical account leaders, data scientists, agile specialists, solutions architects, educators on Pivotal technology, and business transformation specialists.
You have an interest in building our mission to drive a healthy business and culture within our EMEA AppTx practice. You have a strong passion for leading Agile, Lean and User-Centered Design methodologies and a drive to sell and execute on world-class product development. You will help customers realise the benefits of cloud native applications and architectures on Pivotal Cloud Foundry. You will also work closely with the Spring and Pivotal Cloud Foundry engineering teams.
- Contribute to selling activities on behalf of Pivotal Labs, and other products and services offered by Pivotal Software.
- Represent Pivotal Labs by supporting sales activities, conducting tours and executive briefings, leading scopings and helping with follow up
- Work closely with account teams to determine best use of Labs services for key clients
- Collaborate with account teams and sales operations to create and negotiate proposals and SOWs
- Keep relevant CRM systems updated (Salesforce, etc.)
- Coordinate with the larger Account Teams to coordinate selling motions and present a unified voice for Pivotal to clients.
- Act as Client Liaison on selected projects or clients. In this role, the candidate is responsible for [a] shipping software consistent with Pivotal quality which will also drive customer satisfaction, [b] taking responsibility for realisation of financial results for Pivotal from the project are the same as had been anticipated at project start.
- Ensure project success and client satisfaction
- Set up clients and teams so that they can operate with a high degree of autonomy and self-organisation
- Collaborate with clients to create and manage client expectations
- Define needed updates on project activities and lead meetings to discuss
- Play an active role in managing team and project health
- Train, mentor, and develop pivots on a constant, ongoing basis to improve their performance and morale
- Work closely with Pivotal account teams to contribute to and execute on customer Engagement Plans
- Keep relevant client and Pivotal stakeholders updated on current status
- Monitoring and improving the recruitment, training, development, and retention of pivots.
- Enhancing Labs’ practices and knowledge (methods, ways of working, offering development, training methods) by working with members of the Labs Practices Council to help identify new ideas and methods from client work
Beyond the Primary Contributions, candidates are also expected to contribute to Labs’ and Pivotal Software’s success in other ways.
- Maximise personal contributions to Labs revenue and cost management through billable client work
- Work with others in Sales and office leadership to develop SOWs with appropriate revenue for head-of-team-provided contributions to Labs work and client success
- Manage teams and record keeping so that Labs’ legitimately earned revenue is properly recorded and invoiced
- For teams supervised, manage leakage and other detriments to Labs’ revenue
- Manage costs (where applicable, such as travel costs or travel time) so that Labs’ financial performance is maintained appropriately
- Consistently driving pivot learning and development through on-the-job training methods. This will generally necessitate that the AD will maintain high intimacy with pivots assigned to his/her team(s).
- Set up projects for success, starting with review and knowledge of SOW, and/or other formal project contracting documents
- Understand strengths and weaknesses of team members and discuss those with the Anchor
- Be accessible and approachable for team members, and help them (generally before the fact) with technical development, as well as softer skills related to success for the project and Labs in general.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with several pivots (inclusive of managers) based on mutual preference, that persist beyond the project.
- Maintain knowledge of Pivotal’s primary product offerings, and their value propositions
- Be prepared to articulate value propositions to pivots and clients
- Support Sales, as needed/appropriate in selling situations which may or may not include Labs, but could result in significant revenue for Pivotal Software
- Support other leadership in the office and Labs-wide in driving towards Labs’ financial goals and company values.
- Support Pivotal Software product strategy
- Set an appropriate example for other staff in the office to follow
- Appropriate personal and business maturity
- Recognising need to deliver and maintain high levels of client service and satisfaction
- Actively support company methods and policies
- Client-delivery oriented
- Pivotal-success oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Ability to break down complex problems into actionable steps
- 2+ years in a management/leadership role focused on one of our core practice areas (Product Design, Product Management or Software Development)
- 5+ years consulting experience, working with large enterprise organisations
- You are a polyglot programmer (you might have used JavaEE, C#, Go, etc.)
- Experience with Cloud Foundry
- Experience with Service-oriented architectures (Java or .NET)
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.