Pivotal has developed a world class Cloud Native Application Platform with significant advantages in performance, scalability, manageability, and micro services. We are looking for an exceptional, talented individual to join our Global Alliance team and play a key role in building, and ramping sales of Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) and associated Pivotal products through strategic partnerships globally.
The Global Alliance Business Development and Program Management lead will assist strategic partners in two primary areas:
- Lead the development and scale of our Program Management goals and vertical messaging to drive key solutions, Sales and Partner sales enablement with specific alliance partners.
- Position the sale of additional Pivotal products and services to strategic partners. Responsibilities also including developing, negotiating and presenting proposals, pricing and contracting to insure timely close of business.
We are looking for a polished contributor with deep industry expertise across the core Alliances/Channels business as well as someone that has familiarity with the key software and service offerings of the private and public cloud service providers. The successful candidate will have a powerful blend of sales, program management, and consulting experience as well as an understanding of application solutions, enterprise IaaS and other platform use cases. S/he will need to expertly consider the needs of the market and the alliance partners sales force to ultimately expand sales and revenue for Pivotal Software. Knowledge of Agile, cloud native application development, virtualization, and other related vertical markets is highly desired.
Candidates must be effective speakers and writers, able to articulate complex technical topics succinctly. The team to support this mission will grow, so management experience and skills are also required.
This role can be based in London, Paris or in a major German city.
- Lead overall program management related to Pivotal’s partnership with strategic partners
- Help develop and maintain program dashboards that represent the overall health and state of our various programs/plays/solutions with strategic partners
- Maintain various pipeline integration and solutions activities
- Support any operational requirements for compensation or SPIF programs
- Look for process optimization opportunities; drive new initiatives to accelerate our success with strategic partners
- Support activities to publish and disseminate information on wins/successes to our strategic partners and Pivotal sales fields
- Build and maintain a quarterly Pivotal newsletter with latest info to be shared across strategic partners stakeholders
- Maintain executive relationships with key stakeholders at strategic partners
- Engage with C-level executives at strategic partners to develop and implement an effective enterprise-wide strategy that maximizes the value delivered by Pivotal’s products and services.
- Forecast bookings and revenue timely and accurately based on net new Pivotal software, professional services and education services needs across our strategic partners.
- Perform contract management and renewal activities across our strategic partners working closely with Procurement and Vendor Management groups with these strategically aligned businesses.
- Provide leadership in the development of product knowledge, solution, sales and service strategies and competency to increase product adoption across various business units at our strategic partners.
- Identify, track and respond to new business opportunities across strategic partners owning the Sales cycle through to closure of the deal.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Deep Enterprise domain expertise required. Marketing/MBA degree highly desired. Enterprise customer facing experience a must.
- Strong technical aptitude, fast learner, able to effectively communicate complex technical concepts.
- Strong presence and ability to passionately articulate value propositions, technologies and products.
- Excellent communication skills (written, presentation, speaking, listening). Able to work with engineers, customers, industry analysts, press/media.
- Ability to work collaboratively and influence across functions within the company.
- Experience using a consultative sales approach
- Proven success in an enterprise Sales role
- Strong business mind and ability to analyze and recommend effective marketing program options
- Expert excel and powerpoint user
- Management and team-building
- Fluency in German or French will be a distinct advantage.