Pivotal’s Story VIDEO
As a recognized leader in disciplined agile and lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. Our cloud-native platform and suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the world’s most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. We optimize for change and teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions, and are committed to open source and open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 2,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission—to transform how the world builds software.
We are looking for a high-energy, software sales professional who will identify and bring to closure Pivotal Cloud Foundry product and service opportunities. You are expected to generate net new business as well as for maintaining and growing relationships with existing accounts. You are responsible for the overall System Integrator (SI) Partner Alliance Business Development and Partner Enablement for Pan EMEA region.
Pivotal Sales has a unique opportunity to help some of the biggest brands in major industries create new digital experiences and rediscover the power of software by using Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Pivotal Labs, and Pivotal Data. Our team is growing exponentially as we are seeing a huge increase in demand from clients who are transforming their software delivery capability and building cloud-native applications to drive customer engagement.
Overall, the role entails developing and executing joint go-to-market strategies with EMEA SI partners, aligning sales teams, developing joint solution offerings, managing executive relationships and driving measurable business outcomes for Pivotal. Qualifications include both sales and business development/marketing experience building partner programs and repeatable integrated solutions in the enterprise software space. Experience managing Global System Integrators as a strategic alliance is preferred.
Responsibilities include facilitating joint selling between partner and direct sales team in order to drive growth through a leveraged partnering model; establishing rules of engagement and operational escalation procedures to quickly identify and resolve issues; and monitoring partner’s business results, making recommendations for improvements to increase market penetration.
This is a quota-bearing sales role. Apart from quota achievement, one of the key measures of success for alliances is the quantum of business growth (revenue and market penetration) the partners have achieved for Pivotal.
Key to the position is effective collaboration with multiple cross-functional stakeholders including sales, marketing, services, and supporting functions. The individual regularly interacts with executives to ensure GTM objectives are met. He/she maintains a deep understanding of Pivotal’s technology and articulates our value to SI Partners. Other responsibilities are:
- Building and leveraging best practices from the Alliances (Global Ecosystem) team to design, implement and maintain a comprehensive partner enablement curriculum, which will be updated regularly to reflect prevailing business conditions
- Securing, driving, and managing strategic relationships with SI partners to attain quarterly and annual sales targets of go-to-market solutions
- Designing, gaining support for, and executing GTM business plans and orchestrating cross-functional teams from within Pivotal and with SI partners
- Planning the development of joint solutions, sales training/education, and pipeline generation
- Initiating joint account planning and strategy sessions, liaising with regional sales leads
- Ensuring effective sales and technical readiness enablement programs are implemented
- Maintaining cadence for quarterly business reviews with SI partners, involving their senior leadership and Pivotal sales management where needed
- Providing a regular platform for Pivotal executives to keep SI partners abreast of Pivotal's technologies and business directions
- Constantly maintaining global ecosystem “hygiene” through regular review of SI partners skills inventory and financial health
Required Skills / Experiences
The successful individual will have a proven track record of leading and building partnerships and associated revenue with a new product/technology in a high growth organization in. This individual must exhibit leadership qualities that inspire teaming and trust to influence stakeholders to support the channel sales strategy. Requirements include:
- Extensive Cloud software sales and business development experience with an ability to identify and influence a core set of partners who want to be leaders in digital transformation
- Experience working with SIs strongly preferred, or ISVs, VARs, enterprise software distributors, etc. and demonstrated ability to drive significant increase in revenue through partnerships
- Ability to create credible business cases highlighting revenue growth opportunities in a subscription sales model
- Credibility and capability of building and maintaining strong relationships with a diverse set of internal and partner constituencies including senior level/C-level executives, legal, finance, support, sales, and marketing experts; experience building and managing C-level business relationships
- High energy, enthusiasm, and passion for the business with a proven entrepreneurial track record of defining and delivering new initiatives
- Strong presentation skills; excellent spoken and written communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
- Track record of exceeding sales quota
- Thrive in a hands-on (can be a coach and a player at the same time), rapid, high-performing, results-oriented, kind, and collaborative culture
- Demonstrates the highest standard of business conduct
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Experience of selling Enterprise applications in Java EE environments, Cloud applications experience would be an asset
- Fluency in French will be a distinct advantage