Platform Architect - Pivotal Cloud Foundry
Orange County and Northern San Diego
Pivotal’s Story VIDEO
As a recognized leader in disciplined agile and lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. Our cloud-native platform and suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the world’s most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. We optimize for change and teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions, and are committed to open source and open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 2,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project and are guided by a purposeful mission—to transform how the world builds software.
You are a customer-focused, hands-on, technical expert who also has the soft skills to effectively communicate and evangelize technology with customers. You also have the sales and business acumen that will allow you to position Pivotal technology and services to meet the needs of Fortune 2000 customers. As the software industry rapidly evolves you are able to keep learning and keep-up through self-study and personal drive. You are looking to truly help customers solve real world issues and to help coach and evangelize them on industry trends, best practices, and how software can help.
Pivotal Pre-Sales has a unique opportunity to help some of the biggest brands in major industries create new digital experiences and rediscover the power of software by using Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Pivotal Labs, and Pivotal Data. Our team is growing exponentially as we are seeing a huge increase in demand from clients who are transforming their software delivery capability and building cloud-native applications to drive customer engagement.
You are customer focused and will spend much of your time in front of customers presenting, demoing and evangelizing Pivotal technology and modern application & operation practices. In support of this, you will also spend much time preparing for and practicing for these important customer interactions. You will also need to keep your technical skill set sharp by constant, self-driven, research, learning, and hands-on experience.
Required Skills / Experiences
- At least 3 years experience with hands-on software developer/architect in .Net (i.e., C# and ASP.Net) and the Windows ecosystem (e.g., IIS, Windows Server, Visual Studios, etc.).
- Minimum 3 years experience in a customer facing role like pre-sales, consulting, or similar.
- Hands-on experience with 1 or more IaaS or virtualized infrastructure providers: AWS, GCP, Azure, vSphere or OpenStack.
- Proven Ability and Strong Desire to learn new skills and technologies; a self-learner.
- Effective Soft-skills including communication, listening, asking questions, and presenting; Someone we would want in front of a customer.
- Understanding of agile/xp development and the full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), from idea to production.
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a similar STEM degree with programming experience.
- Experience in another programing language in addition to .Net is great to have: Java/Spring (preferred), Node.js, Ruby, Go, or similar.
- Experience with Unix/Linux is nice to have.
- Experience implementing microservices and microservice architectures are nice to have.
- Experience implementing CI/CD is nice to have.
Travel within your assigned territory is required.
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.