Account Executive (Pivotal Cloud Foundry)
Pivotal offers a modern approach to technology that organizations need to thrive in a new era of business innovation. Our solutions intersect cloud, big data and agile development, creating a framework that increases data leverage, accelerates application delivery, and decreases costs, while providing enterprises the speed and scale they need to compete.
At Pivotal (www.pivotal.io), you can tackle the most challenging problems, unleash amazing opportunities, and build technologies that have real impact to business, people and the world.
Pivotal is seeking a world-class salesperson with experience selling PAAS-like producs and/or professional services into the top level CXOs, CIOs and CTOs. As an Account Executive at Pivotal your objective will be to manage, develop and grow existing and prospective client relationships within the Banking and Insurance sector.
We are looking for an aggressive, high-energy, software sales professional who will identify and bring to closure Pivotal Cloud Foundry product and service opportunities. You are expected to generate net new business as well as for maintaining and growing relationships with existing accounts. You are responsible for the overall health and sales performance of the territory of defined accounts.
Specifically, in this key role the successful candidate will be required to:
- Consult with C-level executives to develop and implement an effective enterprise wide strategy that maximizes the value delivered by Pivotal’s products and services
- Forecast revenues timely and accurately; Increase revenue and retention rates for specified key accounts
- Perform contract renewal activities focused on client needs
- Build excellent client relationships offering value-added, insightful and strategic input to their business
- Work with existing and new customers to expand Pivotal territory coverage
- Develop long-term strategic accounts as well as to meet short-term performance goals
- Provide leadership in the development of product knowledge, solution, sales and service strategies and competency development using the Integrated Sales Cycle
- Represent Pivotal with integrity, maintain industry credibility, prospect for new business, and establish and strengthen relationships through presenting to various audiences and attendance
- Be the “Pivotal Ambassador” within EMC and VMWare – this involves communicating with the Country Manager, the Sales Directors and the direct and indirect sales teams, being up-to- date with market trends and positioningDevelop territory/account plans to achieve goals and exceed individual software quota responsibility
- Travel within your assigned territory is required.
The successful candidate will possess:
- 10+ years of technology consulting and/or product sales experience with focus on IT
- Consistently outperform sales quotas in previous jobs, achievement driven and highly competitive
- C-Level and VP level relationships at key customer contacts (enterprise market)
- Advanced knowledge around DevOps, PaaS, Agile, Containers
- Experience using a consultative sales approach
- Ability to work independently and leverage resources wisely when needed
- Strong organizational and presentation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good partner management skill
- Innovative thinking and business oriented
- Able to qualify, execute and close business opportunity under minimum guidance; high pressure
- Team player, self-motivated and able to take ownership on the assigned task(s)
- Enterprise applications in Java EE environments, Cloud applications experience would be an asset
- Possess entrepreneurial spirit or worked in a start up environment
- Proven ability to sell to business line and sell the business value vs. product is KEY
- Negotiation and closing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Reliable, resilient with high commitment
- Goal-oriented with ability to work autonomously
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law