Pivotal is seeking an Engagement Director to be responsible for coordination and execution of services delivery and product adoption for key strategic customer accounts - typically 1-2 large, enterprise companies. This role is customer-facing and requires interaction with various stakeholders at all levels, both internally and externally, with the goal of overall customer success. This individual should be a highly motivated, strategic thinker who can guide, inspire, coach, and mentor our account team(s), but who is also capable and willing to get deeply involved in day-to-day tasks. In addition to focusing on short-term results, such as facilitating cross functional meetings and driving deliverables, the Engagement Director must also have a long-term perspective and vision.
The successful candidate for the Engagement Director role will have the ability to work well under pressure and is able to communicate clearly and efficiently. They must also be able to observe an environment or situation and know exactly how to handle it. Engagement Directors are expected to be on-site at customer accounts multiple days per week.
- Provide on-site leadership and coverage at customer site 3-5 days per week
- Understand Pivotal’s value proposition, technologies and services and help to position them to customers in the context of an overall engagement strategy
- Understand what customers value and what is needed for Pivotal to succeed in an account; assess, clarify, and help validate customer needs on an ongoing basis
- Identify upcoming business opportunities and success criteria and clearly articulate milestones and execution plan
- Synthesize disparate observations and data to provide objective assessment of account health, with a focus on driving a renewal strategy and plan to retain and grow customer’s commitment to Pivotal.
- Facilitate cross-functional meetings (including developing agendas, facilitating discussion and tracking follow-up actions), between external customers & internal Pivotal teams
- Drive outstanding issues to resolution
- Manage a variety internal relationships (e.g. account executives, executive sponsors, delivery teams, etc) and tactically orchestrate activities between groups to resolve issues and move program forward
- Collaborate on a wide variety of business and technical documents
- Ability to understand and communicate technical concepts to business stakeholders- e.g. translating the use of cloud-native platforms to drive business results and impact on workforce
- Delivers clear messages when speaking using appropriate verbal and nonverbal communication
- Facilitation and presentation skills, including the ability to run groups of up to 20 plus
- Initiative and Problem Solving:
- Actively seeks solutions to problems before being asked or directed.
- Able to exercise good judgment by making timely and effective, well-informed decisions.
- Experience working under deadlines and multiple projects
- Ability to use negotiation skills to constructively resolve differences and ensure an integrated solution is presented to the client
- Analytical and conceptual thinking
- Collaboration and effectiveness working in a cross-practice forum
- Adaptable and flexible: Ability to adapt to changing work environments, work priorities and organizational needs.
- Alignment with Pivotal’s core values of Be kind, Do the Right thing, Do what works
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, computer science, engineering, or similar field of study preferred
- 10-years of program management, or equivalent business experience
- Proficiency and knowledge of technical concepts
- Demonstrated willingness to aggressively learn new things
Location: preferably near customer account(s) to allow for frequent on-site coverage. Frequent travel to customer site is required.