Pivotal enables transformation for our clients through a combination of agile development services, an open cloud platform and an open suite of big data products. We believe that the leaders who undertake to transform complex organizations need to consider not just technology but also the impact of change on their people, process, culture and structure.
The Transformation Lead (TXL) will be the Pivotal point person who defines, structures, facilitates, and enables organizational transformation with our clients so that they can realize the benefits of digital transformation. The TXL will use practical tools, person-to-person advice, and cross-functional guidance to support the cultural and business changes required.
- Defining transformation drivers, goals, priorities, and metrics with client and internal stakeholders.
- Understanding the client’s current business model and product definition, development, deployment, and governance approaches including all participating stakeholders, processes, metrics, and structures (e.g., IT, business, finance, sourcing, legal, audit, HR).
- Applying Pivotal’s transformation framework to assess client readiness for transformation. Identifying issues and blockers and developing and evaluating strategies to overcome.
- Working with the client to structure a transformation program, based on Pivotal’s framework, that defines the activities needed to enable the client to meet transformation objectives
- Developing and implementing plans to scale transformation initiatives within the client organization including working with the client to understand impacts to roles, structure, and supporting processes
- Implementing a measurement framework to determine the progress of transformation activities.
- Coaching client stakeholders in approaches for handling transformation blockers and opportunities
- Educating clients on key transformational concepts, such as product management and governance and hypothesis-driven iteration
- Developing a storytelling and communication framework for clients to use to communicate goals, expectations and progress for the transformation initiative
- Coordinating with Pivotal staff across projects to understand progress, identify issues and ensure we are presenting cohesive solutions to clients
Experience and Skills:
- Experience working with or at mid to large (enterprise) organizations
- Experience improving or transforming a process, group, or organization where there were significant impacts to employee’s roles, day-to-day work and associated structures and business processes
- Experience with software development projects including exposure to agile development approaches
- Exposure to Lean Start-Up and user-centered design techniques
- Skilled in leading and facilitating meetings and workshops
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence at executive, middle management and staff levels
- Ability to synthesize and analyze data from a variety of sources, identify issues, draw conclusions, and craft solutions
- Ability to build relationships across the client and Pivotal
- Experience working as a member of a distributed team. Ability to organize and coordinate with stakeholders across multiple functions and geographic locations including directing and deploying resources as needed
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity
- Ability to execute work to agreed upon deadlines
- Able to travel to client and Pivotal locations up to 50% of the time