PIVOTAL’S STORY (VIDEO)
As a recognized leader in disciplined agile and lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. Our cloud-native platform and suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the world’s most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. We optimize for change and teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions, and are committed to open source and open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 3,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project and are guided by a purposeful mission—to transform how the world builds software.
You are unique: as an exceptional, passionate, customer facing, hands-on Solution Architect you will help customers transform to realize the benefits of cloud native applications and architectures on Pivotal Cloud Foundry. You will also work closely with the Pivotal Cloud Foundry engineering and platform architect teams to transform the way our customers build and run their software. You are a problem solver and the thought of collaborating with a team to help companies transform to meet the challenges of tomorrow excites you. You enjoying working with other people and are motivated by creating “lightbulb” moments for the people you work with.
The Pivotal Cloud Foundry Solutions team strives to make our customers’ use of Pivotal Cloud Foundry successful. It turns out that successful use of technology requires some changes in people and process. We help our customers use a product-centric mindset to build a balanced team and a streamlined pathway to production, leaving app product teams unencumbered to deliver value to their customers. Our Product Managers and Platform Engineers pair with customer counterparts to transfer knowledge, culture and practices while achieving project goals.
In this role, you will:
- Build balanced customer platform product teams delivering “Platform” as a capability within their organization
- Create and implement infrastructure architectures for Pivotal Cloud Foundry deployments
- Establish continuous delivery pipelines for deployment of Pivotal Cloud Foundry and related products in a customer’s infrastructure
- Design and implement continuous integration and continuous delivery processes to deliver customer apps to production, fostering a culture of continuous process improvement
- Provide operational assistance and guidance for Pivotal Cloud Foundry including; monitoring, management, disaster recovery, security compliance/auditing, networking, storage, service brokers and build packs
- Work with customer platform teams to establish Service Level Objectives (SLOs), Recovery Point Objectives (RPOs), and Recovery Time Objectives (RTOs) for their offerings, along with associated monitoring
- Work with customer platform engineers to minimize and automate toil
- Continuously learn and be at the leading edge of Pivotal and industry trends
Ultimately, you will become an agent of change within customer organizations.
IDEAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCES
- You have been a part of or led agile development teams
- You have worked with Concourse, Spinnaker, Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity or other Continuous Integration tools
- You are experienced in VMware vSphere / ESXi / NSX-T
- You have expert knowledge of networking and related technologies (e.g. load balancing / DNS / SSL / firewalls / NAT / SDN)
- You have expert knowledge of Linux / Unix systems
- You are experienced in using git
- You have experience in release management
- Experience supporting production systems using Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) practices
PREFERRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCES
- Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud or OpenStack experience
- Experience with Kubernetes, Chef, Ansible, BOSH, or related automation / orchestration tools
- Experience with a platform as a service product such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku, Elastic Beanstalk, or similar
- Some experience working with DNS, NTP, SAML, OAuth 2, Active Directory
- Solid understanding of systems monitoring, alerting and analytics (Prometheus, New Relic, AppDynamics, Cacti, Graphite, ELK, Nagios, Ganglia, Splunk, Log Insight, vRealize Operations, Datadog, etc.)
- A background in Windows deployment, automation, and related technologies
- Experience with database (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MSSQL) and messaging middleware technologies (e.g. RabbitMQ)
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.