Pivotal’s Story - VIDEO
As a recognized leader in disciplined agile and lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. Our cloud-native platform and suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the world’s most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. We optimize for change and teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions, and are committed to open source and open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 2,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission—to transform how the world builds software.
You are passionate about creating products that make a difference for users and businesses alike. You have strong product instincts, excellent communication skills, are technically fluent and have a good understanding of common product design patterns. You enjoy working collaboratively with designers and engineers on small co-located teams. You’re passionate about your craft, and enjoy helping others develop as PMs. You are comfortable with ambiguity and moving forward with imperfect information You excel at leading without authority, effectively aligning team members as well as client stakeholders and executives around a shared set of objectives to progress the goal of shipping the right product to the client’s customers. You judge your success by the success of your team and the happiness of our clients. Work/life balance is important to you: isn’t just something that we want you to have, but something we need you to teach to our clients.
About Us VIDEO
Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, Inc., combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, and methodology to empower the world’s largest organizations to adapt to change and build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
We pair with our client PMs, all day, every day because we know it delivers remarkable results. We practice and teach an approach to product management that is applicable across industries and organizations, so you’ll experience all types of teams, industries and products. And we believe in working at a sustainable pace – you’ll typically work hard for 8 hours each day, but then you’re off work to relax, recharge and refocus.
- Successful candidates commonly have 10 years of experience, we encourage all applicants
- Experience with two of the following: lean startup methodologies, agile development methodologies, working directly with clients
- Experience shipping successful products, including defining vision, strategy, outcome-driven product roadmaps and creating and managing backlogs
- Experience articulating and testing product hypotheses
- Demonstrated ability to define and track KPIs and other measurable success criteria
- Deep user empathy and strong user experience sensibilities
- Experience closely collaborating with engineers and designers as part of small co-located teams
- Demonstrated ability to get things done in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to break down complex problems into actionable steps
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to adapt your communication style for the audience
- Demonstrated ability to influence decision making in different contexts
- Interest in coaching others
- Facilitating collaborative decision-making in a workshop context
- Ability to quickly understand a specific client domain and identify the trends and opportunities in that space
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Lean startup and agile development methodologies
- Working directly with clients and leading projects
- Shipping both new products as well as improving upon existing ones
- Leading or supporting user research
- Mentoring other PMs a plus
- Working with or inside enterprise scale organizations a plus
- Previous experience as a designer or engineer a plus
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.