Marketing Manager – Japan
Headquartered in Palo Alto, Pivotal offers a modern approach to technology that organizations need in order to thrive in a new era of business innovation. Our solutions intersect cloud, big data and agile development, creating a framework that increases data leverage, accelerates application delivery and decreases costs, while providing enterprises with the speed and scale they need to compete.
Come join a driven, creative, smart and fun-loving company. At Pivotal, you can tackle the most challenging problems, unleash amazing opportunities and build technologies that have a real impact to businesses, people and the world. Every employee has a voice and the autonomy to make decisions and we work together to drive toward tough but rewarding achievements.
Pivotal is looking for a Marketing Manager to manage the Japan market. The candidate will be a highly motivated and driven individual who gains satisfaction from juggling a number of activities and executing to results. This is a role for someone who is capable of strategic thinking as well as someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves to get things done.
The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of marketing:
- Monitoring and analysing market trends and working with the sales team
- To identify target markets and develop strategies to market to them.
- Lead management and working with a telemarketing agency for pipeline build.
- Full management and execution of marketing events.
- Building the open source and developer community.
- Preparing and managing marketing plans and executing to budget.
- Managing public and analyst relations via the appointed agency.
- Managing the social media channels for Pivotal.
- Execution of digital marketing activities.
- Managing the production and translation of promotional material.
- Executing to set marketing KPIs and producing reports to monitor results.
The candidate should have:
- Minimum 6-8 years experience.
- An undergraduate marketing degree/qualification.
- Be able to juggle a number of activities and be highly organized.
- Be an excellent communicator.
- Be able to respond well to pressure.
- Think creatively and come up with innovative ways of doing things.
- be able to work closely with a number of stakeholders and with marketing agencies.
The candidate will report to the Marketing Director for Pivotal APJ.